Sales Undergraduate Intern - Frisco, TX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Are you looking to get a jump start on your career through a paid internship with a Fortune 200 Company with a rich tradition of success, a foundation of iconic brands and state-of-the-art research and manufacturing facilities? At the Altria Family of Companies (NYSE: MO), we have created an atmosphere where we are committed to personal development. This is your opportunity to unleash your potential and work as a part of a passionate, committed, highly effective work force. Enter a whole new level of challenge and reward at Altria.
We are currently seeking a Sales Undergraduate Intern to join our Field Sales Force in Frisco, TX
We offer a challenging 10-12 week internship program throughout the summer. While participating in a continuous training process, Sales Undergraduate Interns will be accountable for a variety of responsibilities which include:
* Working directly with (alongside) a Territory Sales Manager mentor
* Overseeing a portion of a real sales territory for a limited duration, to learn and practice the Territory Sales Manager role (An average sales territory generates $15 million in annual sales and is comprised of approximately 130 established accounts)
* Learning how to sell company initiatives to retail partners, including promotions, inventory management and pricing strategies and more
* Creating and executing a high-level business analysis project
* Presenting the business analysis project to Senior Management
* Receiving and applying feedback from all stakeholders on an ongoing basis
Successful candidates must be able to:
* Communicate effectively to influence others
* Further develop their analytical skills to identify and address opportunities
* Learn to consistently produce innovative, quality ideas and recommendations
* Demonstrate ability to utilize time and resources to maximize effectiveness
* Collaborate with other members on Altria's sales team and customer accounts
The Altria Family of Companies includes Philip Morris USA, US Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton, Nu Mark and more. Our mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Our core brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black and Mild and MarkTen. Altria Group Distribution Company provides sales, distribution and consumer engagement services for Altria's tobacco Operating Companies. We are committed to true innovation, process simplification, diversity and inclusion, and rewarding our employees with strong benefits.
Our Intern Benefits include:
* Competitive hourly pay
* Mileage reimbursement
* Paid company holidays
* Housing allowance (if relocating more than 50 miles)
* Business Laptop
* Professional Development Opportunities
* Flexible Work Schedules (depending on business/department need)
Interns that demonstrate passionate leadership and development will be considered for full time opportunities. Additional Information We are seeking undergraduate students in an accredited college/university, preferably, but not limited to the status of a rising senior. Because driving is required for the position, you must have a valid U.S. driver license in good standing for the last 3 years and access to a vehicle. Any DUI/DWI conviction in the last 3 years will be an immediate disqualifier for the position. You must be eligible to work full time within the United States without sponsorship. Sales Undergraduate Interns must be able to lift, push, pull, reach, conduct overhead work and carry bags and boxes as part of the sales activities (up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis; up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis; possibly up to 50 pounds on a seldom basis).
To learn more about our company, our dynamic culture and to hear about our employees' experiences, please visit our Intern website at www.altria.com/Careers/Student_Center/Internships.
If Altria Group Distribution Company sounds like the right career opportunity for you, please apply.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.