Sales & Underwriting Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
Westfield Center, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
SBA Region Leader
Salary Range: 111,060 - 127,719 - 144,378
The SBA Region Leader is responsible and accountable for the profit and growth (new business and retention) for an assigned SBA region. Provides leadership for an underwriting team, including: building strong underwriting acumen, creating a customer-focused sales culture, and overseeing the agency management for their region. In addition, the SBA Region Leader also develops annual business goals, objectives, and action plans to achieve results.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance not a complete list)
1. Accountable for underwriting results and premium growth of respective SBA region.
* Establishes region revenue goals, expense goals, profit targets, and staffing needs; monitors results and takes corrective action as necessary.
* Monitors pricing guidance, predictive modeling compliance standards, retention goals, profit projections, and staffing models.
* Assures development and execution of policies, procedures, and standards to produce profitable underwriting results for the region.
* Links region plans to overall SBA department objectives.
2. Accountable for building a strong underwriting and sales team utilizing performance management tools and processes. Provides technical counsel and guidance to underwriting staff.
* Carries higher authority limits than underwriters and handles underwriting referrals on new business and renewals.
* Participates in new business and renewal collaborative meetings.
* In partnership with the Commercial Underwriting Office, develops underwriting guidelines for regions and identifies target classes of business and acceptable product mix.
* Secures needed resources and tools to develop staff.
* Ensures right person/right role/right skill sets within region.
* Actively participates in the development of staff.
3. Performs human capital management responsibilities including employee selection, performance management, coaching, and development. Manages priorities and workload distribution, and removes barriers that impede progress. Completes all personnel, salary administration, and reporting duties. Performs operational responsibilities that drive team performance including planning, execution, process improvement and best-practice sharing.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATION/EDUCATION (in order of importance)
1. 5 or more years of demonstrated successful P&C underwriting.
2. Demonstrated success in profitably underwriting commercial lines business.
3. Demonstrated experience in developing/executing business plans and personnel management.
4. Demonstrated experience developing/managing million dollar budgets.
5. Proven ability to build, sustain, and retain a strong underwriting and sales team.
6. Proven ability to identify learning opportunities.
7. Proven ability to effectively train, coach, and mentor direct reports.
8. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
9. Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or commensurate experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.