Sales & Use Tax Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client, a manufacturing company located in the Irvine, CA area, is seeking a Sales & Use Tax Manager to join their team!
This position will report directly to the VP of Finance and Accounting and will be responsible for U.S. Sales & Use Tax research, planning, compliance and audits for the company. Oversees U.S. personal property tax compliance, research and audits. Oversees U.S. real property tax compliance, research and audits. Oversees Canadian GST filings in conjunction with outside preparer.
TAX MANAGER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Work with outside tax provider in preparation and review of all U.S. sales/use tax filings. Includes review and tracking of all payments, in addition to researching sales/use tax matters and managing all sales/use tax audits.
* Assist in the implementation, testing and maintenance of Vertex Series L or equivalent U.S. sales tax software.
* Monitor and update U.S. sales tax rules and rates manually as needed in the company's billing system.
* Work with outside tax provider in preparation and review of Canadian GST returns.
* Work with outside tax provider in preparation and review of all U.S. property tax filings. Includes review and tracking of all payments, in addition to researching property tax matters and coordinating property tax audits with the outside preparer.
* Maintain and review the g/l accounts related to U.S. real and personal property taxes and U.S. sales/use taxes, in accordance with SOX 404 policies and procedures.
* Prepare journal entries related to the indirect tax function, including U.S. real and personal property tax accruals.
* Bachelordegree in Accounting, Finance or Related Field required
* Master's degree and Active CPA license a plus
* 4-6 years of combined tax experience in corporate and/or public accounting environments
* Proficient knowledge of basic software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
* Ability to conduct research using various sources and effectively communicate results in the form of discussion, presentation or technical memorandum.
* Background in Federal, State & Local taxation and compliance.
* Support the company values in the stated areas of Safety, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Integrity and being a Company of Choice for both employees and customers.
* Other duties may be assigned
* Offers Competitive pay, plus bonus
* Excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K plans, and FSA/HSA
* Career advancement and growth potential
* Named one of the Top Places to work in 2015 by Orange County Business Journal