Salesforce Administrator 9/13/2016
Momentive Performance Materials USA LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Based in Waterford, New York, Momentive Performance Materials Inc. is a global leader in silicones, quartz and advanced materials, with a 70-year heritage of innovation and being first to market with performance applications that improve everyday life. Our solutions are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living and we work closely with some of the biggest brands in B2B and consumer worlds, covering a broad range of markets - from aerospace and automotive, to building and construction, personal care, and electronics.
Momentive materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Momentive, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Momentive, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
The Salesforce Administrator will be part of our Corporate Growth & Strategy Organization. This critical position will be integral in driving the growth and realizing the efficiencies expected from implementing SalesForce.com globally. Specifically, this position will work with key stakeholders to determine requirements, provide customization based on user feedback, set up reporting & dashboards, analyze performance metrics, and activate new features as they re released.
* Onboard and train new and existing users. Drive adoption by assisting all teams (Sales/Marketing/Customer Service) with process optimization, system integration, troubleshooting, account maintenance, security, etc.
* Daily administration and support of Salesforce database including but not limited to managing multiple user setup profiles, and developing customized reports, dashboards and page layouts
* Create and maintain reporting metrics on the effectiveness and business impact of Sales and Marketing activities, make recommendations on areas for optimization
* Establish and maintain scalable CRM processes that ensure global best practices in campaign and lead management
* Working with management, strategic planning & analysis staff and end-users to create and manage complex workflow rules, data validation, and triggers
* Maintain documentation on processes, policies, application configuration, and help related materials
* Interface with IT counterparts to maintain system functionality, and provide user technical support
* Provide Salesforce.com feature and functionality recommendations for process improvements
* 2-5 years experience as CRM Administrator, Salesforce.com certification preferred
* Strong analytical skills (including mastery of Microsoft Excel), and has experience with reporting and data analysis
* Excellent communication, motivational, presentation skills, and ability to work independently or as part of a team on multiple projects
* Understanding of technical security models, relational databases and data integration
* Familiar with Salesforce objects and best practices surrounding: Opportunity, Products, Campaigns, Dataloader, Salesforce Reports, Views, Workflow Rules, Approval Processes, Validation Rules, Record Types, Page Layouts, etc.
* Experience with Salesforce.com Sales cloud
* Salesforce.com certification
* Experience with marketing and service cloud a plus
4 year degree or equivalent experience
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.