This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Salesforce Developer
Interview: Phone and Skype
TOP 5 QUALIFICATIONS:
4. Very collaborative, must have excellent communication skills.
5. Exposure/Familiarity with Salesforce Community Cloud and/or Service Cloud is a plus
* Individuals within the Application Development role work closely with clients, business analysts and team members to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and are in compliance with the organization's architectural standards. Application Developers are involved in the full systems life cycle and therefore are responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Responsibilities beyond development of software may include participation in component and data architecture design, technology planning, product evaluation, advanced testing processes and buy vs. build recommendations. Individuals also provide input to project plans related to the application development initiative.
* Application Developers have a strong knowledge of programming languages used by the organization. They have experience in systems design and have a solid understanding of development, database development, testing, and integration methodologies. Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services and processes is required.
* Individuals must be able to adjust to constant business change. Common types of changes include introduction of new organizations through mergers and acquisitions, evolving goals and strategies and emerging technologies. These changes require integration of solutions that can impact the overall system development activity. Application Developers also provide client support, consultation and subject matter expertise for system development, maintenance and support. This associate will lead major projects/programs providing subject matter expertise and technical direction. Works on projects that span a broad range of applications. Expertise in multiple technical environments and possesses business knowledge that spans multiple business areas
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Web development using modern web application design principles including MVC and client-side java script frameworks such as Angular.js, node.js, HTML5, and JQuery.
* Integration development with RESTful web services
* Full software development lifecycle from technical design to development, testing and deployment
* Apply best practices for modern web development.
* Interact directly with solution designers, engineers and architect team to ensure web site solutions are scalable.
* Take responsibility for end-to-end solution delivery for their respective tracks.
* Provide operations team with support and help troubleshoot system issue.
* Leads and/or participates in project planning processes.
* Develops work plans or reviews other work plan timelines and manages workflows to meet project timeframes.
* Responsible for identifying development tasks in support of project planning and estimation
Contributes to strategic planning meetings and provides guidance and expertise on system options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on business processes and goals.* Works closely with architects to assure all systems are in line with IT long-term strategy.
* May participate in the design and development of the database(s) associated with one or more applications.
* May identify technical requirements.
* May create technical design specifications and assists in sizing technical requirements.
* Reviews and advises on technical design specifications developed by junior levels.
* Leads project teams building applications.
* Codes applications or enterprise wide softwaresystems using a disciplined development process.
* Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms outside the framework.
* Reviews integration testing plans.
* Supports and/or executes testing efforts across the life cycle.
* Ensures the adherence to standards, policies and procedures.
* Reviews modules for quality assurance.
* Checks for compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
* Develops convergence plans to meeting standards, as needed.
* May assist in defining development guidelines and standards.
* Performs code reviews.
* Contributes to and reviews deployment plans and may schedule the installation of new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
* Works with Release Management to ensure modules are production-ready.
* Create branching and merging strategies as needed.
* Validates deployment.
* Supports the ongoing maintenance of applications.
* Oversees and assists in production support.
* May troubleshoot existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develops solutions
* Leads the technical evaluation and selection process for improving application performance by overseeing gap analysis studies, feasible alternative solutions, and recommending and/or approving the scope of modifications.
* Ensures all applications are documented according to standards.
* Promotes effective use of information technology by educating users on system functionality.
* Assists in the development of user guides and training documentation for systems.
* Evaluates new application packages and tools and performs research on best practices.
* Provides recommendations for the solutions.
* May prepare and present formal training to IT staff, as needed.
* Provides technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members.
* Provides technical guidance or system process expertise.
* Provides performance feedback to managers.
* Develops reports and presentations for senior management, as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Typically requires 8 or more years of application programming and analysis experience.
* Has a broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards. Experience in leading projects. Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements and develop alternate solutions. Experience designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging technologies, in a variety of technologies and environments
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* 10+ years of technical experience with minimum 5+ years' experience as a Salesforce developer (Expert level).
* Past knowledge and experience in CRM and enterprise system implementation.
* Candidate should have salesforce certification including administrator, developer certified consultant (DEV 401) and Force.com advanced developer certified (DEV 501)
* Strong practical deployment knowledge of VisualForce, Salesforce configurations, Apex classes, Apex Triggers, Apex Web services, and APIs.
* Strong development knowledge and experience in Service Cloud and Community Cloud
* Advanced Salesforce user and administrator skills (including using permissions, roles, profile, queues, security setup, views, page layouts).