- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Engineering & ETech
Share | |Email this job
SALESFORCE TESTER *LI
The Advisory Board Company
The Salesforce Tester is responsible for validating solutions within our applications, with a primary focus on the Salesforce platform and related integrations. Our testers serve an integral role throughout our development lifecycle, the core functions being: requirements and solution analysis, testing of new and modified functionality, support of user acceptance testing, regression testing, and deployment preparation and execution.
Our current opportunity is based in Washington, DC
WHAT YOU\'LL BE DOING:
- Work with technical teams and business partners to define/refine business rules and processes
- Drives collaboration between QA and business/development teams to maximize timely delivery of solutions
- Create, and maintain test scenarios and documentation
- Collaborate with the development team and business partners throughout the development life-cycle
- Work with the QA and development teams to create test data sets which fully exercise data validation and end-to-end system functionality
- Provide risk assessment related to project and system enhancements and upgrades
- Validate code changes written in various technologies
- Verify system usability through comprehensive interface, workflow, and use-case test execution
- Identify and track defects when test failures occur, narrowing the root cause to enable efficient investigation
- Lead automated and performance/stress testing activities, in collaboration with the development and operations teams, to ensure satisfactory performance of the system
- Support User Acceptance Testing
- Perform production site, data, and release validations which could occur after hours or on weekends
- Participate in QA process improvement initiatives and cross-team/company activities
- Assist in the management of operational requests and troubleshoot issues, working with diverse user groups
- Maintain system metrics to track trends in usage and data integrity
MUST HAVES: EDIT AS NEEDED
- Bachelor s degree
- 2+ years of professional experience in 2 of the following :
- Direct QA experience
- Direct ABC product experience (e.g., Salesforce, JIRA, Advisory.com, Surgery Blocks, SSC, PIC)
- Salesforce Administration experience
- Knowledge of QA concepts and development principles (e.g. Functional, Integration, Regression, Unit Test)
- Demonstrable analytical reasoning or quantitative analysis
- Experience with manually testing complex workflow applications, algorithms, aggregations, or systems infrastructure
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to manage time in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience with analytic tools (SQL, Access, SAP, etc.)
- Experience working in an iterative development environment or environment with heavy interaction with developers and business partners
- Experience troubleshooting and finding multiple solutions to a complex problem
- Knowledge of health care, claims, higher education, or marketing data and workflows
- Experience using CRM or Marketing Automation systems, preferably Salesforce.com, Eloqua, Marketo, Exact Target
- Ability to work on numerous projects at one time
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and interrupt-driven environment
- Experience working within a team environment and independently
- Ability to synthesize and interpret technical data
ABOUT THE ADVISORY BOARD COMPANY
The Advisory Board Company is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 5,500+ health care organizations and educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, The Advisory Board Company forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisoryboardcompany.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
PERKS (A FEW OF MANY):
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.