SalesforceIQ- Sales Strategy Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
SALES STRATEGY & OPERATIONS
Customers For Life Team
Palo Alto, CA
Help us make people's jobs less work. SalesforceIQ is on a mission to power the world's professional relationships with products people love. We have reimagined how technology can automate, simplify, and enrich your work life. Our relationship intelligence platform captures the millions of digital signals you create at the office, then uses data science to make you more productive. It's easy to use, it's mobile, and it helps you capitalize on the massive amounts of relationship data you generate everyday.
The core values we live by and invest in are: People, Moments, Ideas and Results. We believe in hiring the best and growing our talent to become a more effective team. Our technical challenges are some of the hardest around, and we're pushing new paradigms in software, mobile, design and data science. We are scaling new heights and innovating across product, engineering, go-to-market, and operations. Plus, working here gives you the chance to be part of a cutting edge startup (with a fun culture, free food, trips to Tahoe, and a host of other perks), while enjoying the brand and support of Salesforce, the fastest growing enterprise software company.
Top talent across the world joins Salesforce for the opportunity to excel in a performance-driven, fast-paced, and competitive atmosphere; the chance to be surrounded by peers and leaders that inspire, motivate, and innovate, and a corporate philosophy that incorporates community service into its DNA. Our team is fast growing, and we are looking for someone excited for career opportunities and someone who challenges themselves to constantly exceed expectations. An appreciation for friendly banter, happy hours and hilarious GIFs is also a plus.
Our growing team is seeking a Sales Strategy & Operations teammate to join us in Palo Alto (1-2 days in SF possible) as we pioneer relationship intelligence. This hire will build and execute SalesforceIQ's go-to-market strategy to assist the sales and customer success teams. Strategy here does not stop at decks and recommendations! You will apply an operational lens to every level of the go-to-market organization, including: marketing/demand generation, sales planning, business reporting, internal tools, customer success, people development and team management.
You will work closely with the broader sales organization in addition to cross-functional collaboration with product and engineering. You will be a true all-around athlete partnering with the go-to-market leadership team to audit the business, deliver data-driven insights and actionable recommendations, help implement strategies cross-functionally, and equip this business for scale as it is poised for explosive growth this year.
About the Sales Strategy Team: This is a small team, with great visibility to leadership and a big footprint on the direction of the business. This is a team committed to excellence and being the best at what we do. Team members come from varied backgrounds with a mix of strategy consulting, product strategy and sales operations experience. Team lead is an ex-McKinsey consultant with experience in tech strategy, product management, and business management, and previously ran a billion dollar business at Amazon.
As to be expected in a company moving as fast as we are, the scope of this position will evolve continuously. Comfort with ambiguity is required. Below is a partial representation of what may be included in this teammate's typical week:
* Strategic planning and forecasting, financial modeling
* Review the business, identify interesting trends, and address these to make tangible impact (e.g., how to modify enablement tactics, assessing success of our help center and proposing changes, planning to handle 2x volume of customers etc.)
* Design and deploy internal processes and tools for our sales organization; develop dashboards to track metrics and measure success
* Liaise between customer-facing teams, product, and engineering to help provide the voice of the customer, and help ideate and drive customer growth initiatives
* 2-4 years of experience in an analytical role. Preference for Sales Strategy/Operations, Venture Capital/Private Equity, Strategy Consulting and/or Investment Banking backgrounds
* Excellent problem solver with an aptitude and appetite for analytics, but can go beyond the numbers and articulate insights (and operationalize them!)
* Domain knowledge: Understand the SaaS/CRM landscape and be passionate about a better alternative to the current providers
* An eye for implementing scalable models that can help us significantly grow our team and our revenue; the ability to rapidly improve processes based on new information
* Exceptional communication skills and a team-oriented mindset
* Driven and proactive personality, with the ability to prioritize effectively under tight deadlines
* Technical undergrad degrees such as Computer Science or Electrical Engineering are a huge plus.
* Ideal candidate has a strategy consulting background (2-3 years) with a few analytical engagements under their belt.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.