Sanitation Group Lead 9/17/2016
Bob Evans Farms
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sanitation Lead
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor
LOCATION: BEF Foods, Inc. - Lima, OH Plant
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Manage all aspects through Sanitation process.
* Lead sanitation personnel during sanitation processes
* Clean and sanitize assigned are
* Possess and acquire knowledge of chemicals that will be used in assigned area.
* Must know SSOP, and GMP's
* Dissemble and reassembly of equipment
* Comply with applicable environment, health and safety rules, procedures, laws and accepted safe work practices
* Report all unsafe acts, unsafe conditions and injuries to the appropriate person or office
* Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
* Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems
* Excellent people skills
* Enforcement of all safety rules, including the use of PPE, and shall take such action necessary to obtain compliance.
* Coordinate orientation and training of all new personnel in the safe performance of their duties.
* Conduct periodic safety meetings on pertinent safety topics and encourage employee feedback on safety matters that concern them
* Correct any unsafe acts or conditions observed as soon as possible and complete accident paperwork promptly.
* Follow Master Cleaning Schedule
* Conduct Pre-op inspections.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Understand basic bacteriology
* Understand ordering of supplies based on future needs
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
* Ability to calculate yields, productivity and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
* Ability to motivate associates to carry out accident prevention by instruction, example and sincerity.
* Basic computer skills, Word and Excel; Outlook email: AS400.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four year college or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individually with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, The employee is required to walk, stand, sit; reach with hands and arms, taste and smell and occasionally to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Employee is regularly exposed to wet and humid conditions. Employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and high precarious place, outdoor weather conditions, vibration and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the plant environment is usually loud and hearing protection is required.
BEF foods, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.