Sanitation Manager 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client in Phoenix is seeking a Sanitation Manager
The Sanitation Manager will plan, direct, and control daily and nightly cleaning activities to meet SSOP and HACCP standards. Under the general supervision of the Plant Manager, the Sanitation Manager must be able to remain fully attentive of their work surroundings while working at a steady pace. Must be able to multi-task, adapt to various work assignments; and follow all safety and GMP guidelines. In addition, individuals must work well with others in a supportive team environment in order to meet allergen clean up and quality standards and help minimize production downtime.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensures all sanitation, equipment and facility cleaning, programs and documentation are met according to guidelines
* Manages Sanitation Team activities and solely responsible for efficient scheduling and completion of all sanitation activities to specified requirements
* Develops and maintains Master Sanitation schedule, and completes daily Sanitation Recap report at the end of each shift. In conjunction with the QA Director, maintain and develop cleaning procedures for all equipment, lines, areas, etc., to provide effective and efficient of job performance.
* Responsible for conducting all required pre-operations inspections and certifies that equipment is clean prior to start of next manufacturing or packaging run by operations department
* Establishes and maintains adequate records to track chemical Inventory and sanitation supplies
* Oversees that tasks and duties and assist with creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures are completed efficiently by the sanitation team
* Performs routine sanitation equipment maintenance to ensure equipment functions properly and coordinates repair and upkeep with Maintenance staff
* Ensures the availability of MSDS sheets in the MSDS book for chemicals used in daily work by team
* Assists with the training of all team members in proper and safe use of sanitation equipment, chemicals and procedures
* Report all food safety issues to Plant Manager and Quality Director
* Attend required meetings and training, including but not limited to: GMP's, HAACP, Safety, and SSOP's
* Remains current on new equipment and sanitation techniques to enhance the overall quality and cleanliness.
* Informs Plant Manager of all repair, preventive maintenance, and upkeep issues on all equipment through continuous daily inspections.
* High School diploma or GED required
* Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a sanitation position
* Experience with SQF Level 3 strongly desired
* Previous experience managing a Sanitation or production team strongly desired
* Working knowledge and applicatioContinuen of Food Manufacturing.
* Ability to work safely with liquid and powder chemicals
* Ability to comprehend and execute written SSOPs
* Ability to investigate sanitation issues, identify root causes and develop and implement solutions.
* Requires strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
THIS POSITION IS FOR 3RD SHIFT AND WILL REQUIRE FLEXIBILITY FOR WEEKEND AND HOLIDAY HOURS.