This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
We are the maker, marketer and distributor of branded food products that have been American favorites for decades. Our employees located in more than 20 offices and plants across North America rally around our mission, Reinvigorating Iconic Brands. We work to transform our brands to be more profitable for our customers and more enjoyable for our consumers.
At Pinnacle Foods, every employee has the opportunity to make an impact from marketing and research & development, to manufacturing, finance and sales each function plays a critical role in our success. By living our values of trust, candor and ownership we create great relationships that help us deliver results and drive meaningful change for our brands and business.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Sanitation Operator is responsible for overall sanitary conditions of the facility with emphasis on daily sanitation of production areas as well as tasks from the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS). The Sanitation Operator will be responsible for completing all training requirements for SSOPs, Inspection and Chemical Handling. Duties may vary in accordance with effective plant operation or as assigned by the Department Manager or Supervisor. Employee must be self-directed with good time management skills, good communication skills and motivated to complete all tasks in a timely manner. During plant shut down periods must be able to work variable shifts.
OVERALL ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Follow all safety procedures to ensure a safe work place
* Ability to work Third (3rd) Shift
* Total ownership and responsibilities for all sanitary task required in the facility
* Validate all Standard Work (JES, STS and etc.) for all SSOP s, MSS tasks and inspection, annually
* Willingness to learn new methods and concepts
* Operate and trouble shoot all CIP systems and COP tanks in facility
* Operate an automated tote cleaning system
* Inspect and validate CIP circuit was acceptable for chemical concentration, water temperature, flow and time. If not acceptable properly correct and re-run circuit until acceptable
* Understanding of all chemicals, chemical concentrations and proper use of chemical application
* Complete MSS work in a timely manner with proper documentation for EAM system
* Follow cleaning methods as outlined in SSOP s, sanitation manual and MSS task instructions
* Properly use and maintain cleaning agents, supplies and equipment
* Understand and properly use chemical dosage and titration testing
* Operate foaming stations, portable foamers, high pressure washers, shop vacuums and sanitizing stations
* Operation of chemical allocation system
* Performing daily housekeeping and period sanitation duties (MSS work). MSS work list includes, but not limited to: cleaning plant floors, ingredient racking, cleaning spills on roof, overhead pipe cleaning, forklift cleaning, trash room cleaning, tanks and holding tank cleaning
* Supplying hair nets, sleeves, ear plugs, etc, to all production areas when needed
* Operate floor scrubber in accordance with safe work place rules
* Responsible for maintenance and proper storage of assigned materials and equipment
* Troubleshoot and complete minor repairs on wall, foot and portable foamers and sanitizers
* Forklift driving, scissor lift and boom lift operation, confined space entry and lift operation
* Must follow all GMP, Food Safety Policies, OSHA and Plant safety rules
* Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty as a satisfactory level. The employee must be self-driven, good communicator, willing to coach and instruct employees on proper sanitary procedures, team player and manages time well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
* Stand/Sit/Walk frequently during your shift
* Use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
* Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
* Must be able to withstand heights up to 30ft and confined spaces
* Must be able to climb stairs and complete cleaning activities on the roof
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is frequently exposed to wet environment. The employee will be working with chemicals.
* High School Diploma or GED - required
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.