Sanitation Superintendent, Food Production
Global food manufacturer offering solid growth and upward mobility.
* Developing and directing the sanitation activities and programs;
* Leading, developing and coaching all sanitation personnel at two facilities;
* Ensuring procedure and standards compliance, audit and regulatory compliance;
* Applying wet cleaning techniques, CIP, COP;
* Managing the sanitation aspects of construction events;
* Managing plant zoning and separation, personnel safety requirements, and sanitation budget;
* Developing a staff to execute sanitation principles, directly supervising the Sanitation Supervisor;
* Developing a schedule that allows time to be spent reviewing both facilities and both day and evening shifts that are in cleanup;
* Managing appropriate staffing to complete effective sanitation processes.
EDUCATION: 4-year degree required; Microbiology, Food Science, Food Technology or related disciplines.
* 10+ years of experience in sanitation of a food manufacturing environment;
* Knowledge and experience in managing sanitation programs to clean an entire facility to a microbiological level;
* Certified sanitarian;
* Strong knowledge and understanding of food microbiology, food safety, HACCP, GMPs, sanitary design and controls, and food technology;
* Knowledgeable in relevant federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations;
* Strong continuous improvement knowledge;
* Ability to work flexible hours as required, manage multiple projects in different plant locations, and travel up to 20% of the time.
Byrnes & Rupkey, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Recruiting firm.