This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Santa Ana, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
the right to change an employee s position or job description at any time.
Supervises plant sanitation workers with an emphasis on teamwork, safety and excellent sanitation practices in concert with overall company goals and vision. Ensures that necessary tools, supplies and equipment are available to perform sanitation tasks effectively. Schedules staff and prioritizes workload in order to manage team hours to allotted budget. Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance, may become actively involved as required to meet schedules and resolve problems. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives. Provides supervision to exempt employees and/or non-exempt employees. Assists Operations Manager in training, compliance, recordkeeping, and duties related to achieving Aryzta Policies and Procedures, Food Safety and Safety requirements and Regulatory requirements. In the absence of the Operations Manager, the Sanitation Supervisor will assume all responsibilities associated with the management of the Sanitation Department.
* Schedule staff to ensure that business needs are met on each shift.
* Manage team hours within allotted budgeted hours
* Prioritize tasks to ensure that plant cleaning requirements are fulfilled
* Oversee clean-up activities of equipment and facilities in all production areas.
* Implement excellent sanitation practices which support company s processes and procedures ensuring highest quality products are produced in a thoroughly clean environment
* Perform regular inventories of sanitation chemicals and non-chemical supplies.
* Maintain Cleaning schedules on all sanitation equipment.
* Manage department performance measures, including visual controls and provide regular progress reports to manager.
* Perform other duties as assigned or required
* Manage Sanitation Department programs (SSOP s, Master Cleaning Schedule, Chemical Control, Pest Control, Record Keeping) to ensure compliance with Aryzta, Regulatory and customer requirements.
* Develop Root Cause Analysis for out of spect of failures to cleaning measuring tools such as ATP, environmental swabs and Pre-op inspections.
* Work closely with QA Department to ensure compliance with environmental program (16.0 Program).
* Personnel Management
* Hire, train, coach and manage sanitation team.
* Measure employee and team performance.
* Review and approve timecard reports.
* Set forth standards for safety.
* Ensure accident/loss prevention and security policies are followed.
* Perform other duties as assigned or required.
* Able to work various shifts, weekends and holidays as required
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Education: Associates degree in science-related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience with at least 3 years sanitation Supervisory experience within the food industry
* Years of Experience: 3-5 years food processing sanitation experience including leadership experience
* Language Skills: Excellent leadership and communication skills
* Bilingual preferred
* Computer/Software Skills: SAP, Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
* Travel requirements
* At least 10%
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Must be able to go up and down ladders and stairs
* Must be able to work in elevated locations.
* Must be able to sit or stand for up to 8 hours per day
Climate controlled production environment; office; warehouse; freezer work; outdoors; rooftop; may require work to be performed at elevation of up to 20 ft.
Typical Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 7:30am - 5pm weekends as needed
Santa Ana, California, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.