Sanitation Supervisor 9/8/2016
West Columbia, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
To ensure that job duties that affect the safety, legality and quality standards are addressed.
Supervises bakery sanitation workers with an emphasis on teamwork, safety and excellent sanitation practices in concert with overall company goals and vision. Ensures that necessary tools, supplies and equipment are available to perform sanitation tasks effectively. Schedules staff and prioritizes workload in order to manage team hours to allotted budget. Assists Bakery Sanitation Manager in training, compliance, recordkeeping, and duties related to achieving sanitation objectives.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance, may become actively involved as required to meet schedules and resolve problems. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives.
Provides supervision to exempt employees and/or non-exempt employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This section describes the core responsibilities of this position. Duties may vary dependent on department staffing and seasonal fluctuations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Schedule staff to ensure that business needs are met on each shift.
* Manage team hours within allotted budgeted hours.
* Prioritize tasks to ensure that bakery cleaning requirements are fulfilled.
Oversee clean-up activities of equipment and facilities in all production areas.
* Implement excellent sanitation practices which support company s processes and procedures ensuring highest quality products are produced in a thoroughly clean environment.
Perform regular inventories of sanitation chemicals and non-chemical supplies.
Maintain repair schedules on all sanitation equipment.
Manage department performance measures, including visual controls and provide regular progress reports to manager.
Perform other duties as assigned or required.
* Bakery Sanitation Manager
* Manufacturing Supervisor
* Quality Supervisor
* Maintenance Supervisor
* Warehouse SupervisorExternal
* Service Contractors
* Supply Contractors
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES PROFICIENCY LEVEL
* High school diploma and 1+ years of college
* 5 years food process sanitation experience including leadership assignments
* Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), safe chemical handling, forklift operations, and the chemistry of proper cleaning
* Leadership and communication skills
* Computer literate in spreadsheet and word applicationsPreferred The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Physical Requirements
* Experience in Food Safety dealing with third party food safety audits
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
* Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 20% of total work time.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions, and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold.
* While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a manufacturing, warehouse and walk-in freezer environment where temperatures can vary from extreme cold to very warm.
* The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud.
typical Work Schedule: Saturday, Sunday and Three days during the week.
West Columbia, South Carolina, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.