This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
The Sanitation Utility is responsible for daily and weekly sanitation activities as well as minor maintenance tasks. A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
* The ability to deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day.
* The willingness to serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
* The ability to operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency.
* The willingness to effectively deal with and drive change.
* The ability to organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines.
* The ability to learn and apply new technology, with the willingness to share knowledge with others.
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
* Safety Champion actively and positively contribute to safety for yourself, our team, our customers, and our community
* Learn and understand all Safety and Food Safety Policies (for example, LTT, Elevated Work, Confined Space, GMP s, HACCP, etc.).
* Complete assigned daily and weekly Sanitation duties throughout the facility.
* Perform minor maintenance tasks throughout the facility, including sifter work, roll work, patching leaks, etc.
* Must cross-train and cover operator positions, such as Assistant Loader, House Operator, etc. Covering these positions will require working rotating shifts.
* Document and maintain all required records to meet Customer requirements, including MSS sheets, etc.
* Assist operators as needed, including plant walk through and safety inspection checks.
* Effectively communicate with the team and all functions regarding any issues.
Skills & Experience
Required Education, Experience, Skills:
* Understand and use computer operations, including email, internet, and Excel spreadsheets.
* Must be capable of operating mobile equipment such as forklifts and scissor lifts.
* Must be able to speak, read, and write in English.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions (with or without reasonable accommodation):
* Must be able to work in a dusty environment and wear respiratory protection.
* Must be able to climb ladders and stairs multiple times every day.
* Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs regularly.
* Must be able to work rotating shifts, holidays, and weekends as needed.
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.