This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Under the direct supervision of the Sanitation Lead and Sanitation Supervisor, Sanitation is responsible for cleaning all soiled supplies and equipment used in the production process. All buildings (administration, production, distribution) must be maintained according to department health codes. May perform other duties as required.
* Maintains all buildings by washing walls, ceilings, floors, removing trash and disinfects all refrigerator units and cleans trash room.
* May operate rack washer, washer extractors and dryers.
* Performs maintenance cleaning on rack washer, sheet pans, creates, baskets, washer extractor and dryer.
* Responsible for maintaining supplies such as paper products for bathrooms and towel dispensers in all buildings.
* Oversees storage of all cleaning supplies and disinfecting equipment and supplies as instructed.
* Documents all worked performed on daily cleaning logs
* Responsible for detailing scheduled area, updates master sanitation schedule
* Maintains a clean and safe working area, reports unsafe hazards to shift lead
* Actively involved in safety meeting, make suggestions to better improve plant sanitation
* Performs other duties or special projects as required by the Manager or Supervisor.
* Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture.
* Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
Skills / Abilities / Requirements:
Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
Works cooperatively with others.
Applications and operation of equipment and machines used in the cleaning process.
Housekeeping / Safety:
Oversees the housekeeping and maintenance, keep the area clean, organized and safe. These include but are not limited to: (a) wiping walls, cleaning trays and tables; (b) sweeping, mopping of floors; and (c) trash removal.
The following physical activities are performed on a regular or continuous basis throughout the time an employee is working.
Standing / Walking
These functions require the employee to be standing or walking 100% of the time.
The employee is expected to reach with hands and arms.
Lifting / Carrying / Twisting / Bending / Stooping
The employee is expected to carry, twist, bend, and stoop in conjunction with frequent lifting between 10 to 100 pounds of supplies and trash with the aid of co-workers.
Pushing / Pulling
With the aid of co-workers, the employee is expected to frequently push/pull proofing racks with product, containers on wheels from 10 to 150 pounds approximately 15 to 100 feet.
Handling / Fingering / Feeling
Hand and finger movement is required frequently to wash, clean, launder and store supplies.
Exposure to Temperature Changes
This occurs frequently when cleaning the walk in coolers
Seeing / Speaking / Hearing
This position requires an employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills due to the operation of rack washer, washer extractor and dryers. . These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for counting activities, collecting and distributing tools and supplies to staff and communicating with co-workers.
Head / Neck Movement
Frequent flexing, extending and turning the neck is required.
Education And Experience
High school diploma or GED desired but not mandatory
Typical Work Schedule: 3:00AM - 11:30AM/ 11:00AM - 7:30PM
Los Angeles, California, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.