Sanitation Worker - 2nd shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Van Nuys, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintains all buildings by washing walls, ceilings, floors, removing trash and disinfects all refrigerator units and cleans trash room.
* Performs washing and cleaning of equipment, proofers, freezers and spiral coolers
* Performs maintenance cleaning of exterior of the facility.
* Responsible for maintaining supplies such as paper products for bathrooms and towel dispensers in all buildings.
* Oversees storage of all cleaning supplies and disinfecting equipment and supplies as instructed.
* Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
* Performs other duties or special projects as required by the Manager or Supervisor.
Skills / Abilities / Requirements:
Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
Work cooperatively with others.
Applications and operation of equipment and machines used in the cleaning process.
Housekeeping / Safety:
Performs housekeeping and maintenance tasks to keep the station clean, organized and safe. These include but are not limited to: a) wiping and washing equipment and tools, b) scraping, mopping of floors, c) trash removal.
The following physical activities are performed on a regular or continuous basis throughout the time an employee is working.
Standing / Walking
These functions require the employee to be standing or walking 100% of the time.
Lifting / Carrying / Twisting / Bending / Stooping
The employee is expected to carry, twist, bend, and stoop in conjunction with frequent lifting between 10 to 100 pounds of supplies and trash with the aid of co-workers.
Pushing / Pulling
With the aid of co-workers, the employee is expected to frequently push/pull proofing racks with product, containers on wheels from 10 to 500 pounds approximately 15 to 100 feet.
Handling / Fingering / Feeling
Hand and finger movement is required frequently to wash, clean, launder and store supplies.
Exposure to Temperature Changes
This occurs frequently when cleaning the walk in coolers.
Seeing / Speaking / Hearing
This position requires an employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills due to the operation of rack washer, washer extractor and dryers. . These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for counting activities, collecting and distributing tools and supplies to staff and communicating with co-workers.
Head / Neck Movement
Frequent flexing, extending and turning the neck is required.
Education And Experience
High School diploma or GED desired.
Previous experience in a baking environment preferred.
Van Nuys, California, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.