Sanitors - Day shift 4 day week
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
* Know, understand and follow safe operating procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices
* Ensure all product Quality Standards are met.
* Maintains clean & sanitary work areas, machinery & equipment
* Keep area clean and organized
* Performs all tasks and duties required to ensure production and efficiency standards are met
* Accurately communicates safety, quality, production, maintenance & sanitation issues to supervision and/or appropriate department personnel
* Responsible for establishing priorities and work independently without direct supervision.
* Follow BRC (British Retail Consortium) guidelines
* Understand and follow hazard analysis and critical control points, (HACCP) and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
* Maintains all production/maintenance/quality records & reports as required.
* Communicates with supervision & co-workers all information relevant to manufacturing process
* Ensures proper set up for the next shift and passes down all relevant information
* Assists in other training activities which support the manufacturing process
* Performs all tasks and duties required to insure equipment is cleaned, sanitized and operational for the next production run.
* Knows and understands the operation and function of all sanitation cleaning equipment.
* Knows the purpose and usage rate of all sanitizers and cleaning solutions.
* Insures all personal safety equipment is in good repair and maintains proper usage.
* Maintains current on all updates to MSDS regarding cleaning solutions and sanitizers.
* Communicates with co-workers and supervision all information relevant to the cleaning process.
* Conducts on the job training of new sanitors and assists in training activities which support the manufacturing process.
* Support TEAM concepts on major cleaning assignments
* Works independently on projects, with limited supervision.
* Knows and understands the operation and function of all plant waste removal equipment.
* Keeps all equipment and work areas clean and free of debris.
* Keeps accurate cleaning records of equipment and areas in accordance with SSOP s
* Operates sanitation equipment cleaning equipment such as but not limited to; floor scrubbers, vacuum cleaners, pressure washers, and steam cleaners. Fork lift certification required.
* Other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
* Educational Background
* Minimum Level of Education
High School Diploma /GED
* Job Related Experience
Minimum Level of Job Related Experience Prior to the current Job
1 year of experience in manufacturing /light industrial environment preferred
Why is this level of experience required
Basic understanding of work environment and demands of position
Other Information- Physical Requirements, Working Conditions
* Standing / Walking/Climbing
These functions require the employee to be standing or walking 100% of the time.
* Lifting / Carrying / Twisting / Bending / Stooping
The employee is expected to frequently twist, bend, and stoop when preforming work tasks. Frequently carry or lift 50 pounds or more.
Frequently pushing pulling 5lbs or more
Frequently pushing pulling 5lbs or more
* Handling / Fingering / Feeling
Hand and finger movement is required frequently to wash, clean, launder and store supplies.
* Seeing / Speaking / Hearing
This position requires an employee to have adequate communication and observational skills. These requirements are also for the safety of the employee and the co-workers. .
* Head / Neck Movement
Frequent flexing, extending and turning the neck is required
* Cold, Wet, Dusty, Slippery, High arears
The employee must be able to work in cold, wet, dusty, slippery area for long periods of time. The employee must be able to work in high areas.
* Working at extreme heights is required
* Weekends, Holidays and Overtime as required.
Typical Work Schedule: Friday thru Monday (7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Hazleton, Pennsylvania, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.