Santa Barbara County EMT's - P/T and F/T 8/26/2016
Santa Barbara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Full-Time and/or Part-Time position in North County or South County will be offered based on current business need.
As an employee of a primary 911 operation, you will be required to provide direct patient care, including ALS and BLS medical evaluation, treatment, stabilization and transport of the ill and injured; respond to emergency rescue situations involving potential loss of life or bodily injury; maintain scene control, manage and direct patient care at the scene of a pre-hospital emergency; act as a patient advocate to ensure compassionate and clinically sound care is provided by all; provide training and instruction to allied agencies and the public.
*Please note that you will be working in either Northern Santa Barbara County or Southern Santa Barbara County depending upon our staffing needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
* Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
* Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
* Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
* Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
* Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
* Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
* Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit's ability to complete a call.
* Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
* Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic or Supervisor.
* Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniforms standards.
* Attends all mandatory in-services.
* Other Duties as defined on the job description.
* Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test (PAT)
* Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
* Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
* Minimum of 18 years of age.
* Must have current Emergency Medical Technician certification for the state of California
* Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification
* California Driver's License
* California Ambulance Driver's license
* Medical Examiner's Certificate
* Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability.
* Emergency vehicle operation knowledge and Radio communication skills preferred.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions, perform the essential job functions are required.
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* California Driver's License
* Ambulance license
* Medical Examiner's Card
* CPR card
* EMT-1 Certification
* Current H6 DMV printout (10-year driving history)
AMR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.