Santa Barbara County - Paramedic - P/T and F/T
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 1/23/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONFull-Time and/or Part-Time position in North County or South County will be offered based on current business need.
As an employee of a primary 911 operation, you will be required to provide direct patient care, including ALS and BLS medical evaluation, treatment, stabilization and transport of the ill and injured; respond to emergency rescue situations involving potential loss of life or bodily injury; maintain scene control, manage and direct patient care at the scene of a pre-hospital emergency; act as a patient advocate to ensure compassionate and clinically sound care is provided by all; provide training and instruction to allied agencies and the public.
*Please note that you will be working in either Northern Santa Barbara County or Southern Santa Barbara County depending upon our staffing needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
* Utilize medical equipment and procedures, including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
* Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
* Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit management as needed.
* Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize call response time.
* Continuously maintain all required certifications.
* Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
* Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
* Document activities with regard to patient care and billing completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
* Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
* Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when determining transportation destinations.
* Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice .
* Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all allied health and public safety personnel.
* Reports immediately to the on-duty supervisor any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient interaction.
* Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
* Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders.
* Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
* Converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security policies and procedures.
Nonessential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Meets and communicates with existing customers/staff members (including skilled nursing, assisted living, and hospital facilities) on a regular basis to ensure that AMR is meeting their needs. Reports these interactions to the on-duty supervisor on a regular basis.
* Participate in community programs to maintain AMR's image and establish strong community relations.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test (PAT)
* Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
* Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred.
* Current state Paramedic License.
* Possess a valid State Driver's License.
* Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP Provider Certification (where applicable or required by contract).
* Ambulance driver's certificate
* Medical examiner's certificate
* Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.
* California Driver's License
* Ambulance license
* Medical Examiner's Card
* CPR card
* State Paramedic Certification
* Current H6 DMV printout (10-year driving history)
* Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare preferred
AMR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.