Satellite Communications Engineer 1
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Colorado Springs, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONSatellite Communications Engineer 1Job ID:
Satellite Communications Engineer 1 Job Code:
Colorado Springs, CO Job Description:
Performs daily system analysis and database management of complex computer Operating Systems and special purpose software applications for Wideband Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Operations and Technical Support (WSOTS). Employs analytical tools to gain insight into the performance of individual computers and servers and then takes appropriate measures to solve any problems found. Writes scripts to query the Oracle database for in-depth problem solving based on consultations with users or OEM software engineers. Performs hardware maintenance and documents deficiencies in performance or effectiveness. Provides training, prepares reports, and provides customer interface. Supports military Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) systems for military satellites to include network analysis. Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the TSS under the contract shall include, but not be limited to, the following:* Performs daily system analysis and database management of complex computer operating systems, application software, database applications, and network protocols.
* Recommends application software source code changes as necessitated by user requirements. Recommends and implements engineering design changes to adapt systems to new uses or accommodate changes in the military command and control mission.
* Reconfigures equipment and develops command procedures, scripts, and other software routines required to support new applications, re-engineered equipment, and/or new uses of defense communications systems.
* Performs on-site customer training and performs daily direct customer interface and reporting.
* Provides On-the Job Training (OJT) to contractor personnel as required, supports the WSOTS off-site trainers in their program of instruction to the customer.
* Maintains the daily Master Station Log entries.
* Installs, tests, and provides design change recommendations to OEM software engineers for the improvement of new software releases.
* Performs analysis of DoD and Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) Information Assurance (IA) security requirements.
* Performs OJT and informal training support as required. Minimum Qualifications:* Bachelor's degree and four years of related experience or an Associate's degree and 7 years of experience or a high school diploma and at least 12 years of related experience.
* IA certification in compliance with DoD 8570; Capable of obtaining DoD/NACI IT Level I certification and Security plus certified.* A minimum of six (6) years of MILSATCOM experience is desired but some of these years may be replaced with specialized education in satellite engineering and control. An emphasis on computer-based satellite network control systems and IT and experience in the use of IT tools for managing and troubleshooting complex computer networks and experience in the management of WSOTS computer networks with skills particular to the administration of a Windows and AD domain environment. Experience in the management of WSOTS computer networks Local Area Networks/Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN) and Windows System Administration. Preferred Qualifications:* Ability to support the Government IASO in accreditation and certification requirements.
* Experience in the use of IT tools for managing and troubleshooting complex computer networks.
* Skills particular to the administration of a Windows environment. Security Clearance:
This position requires a Top Secret security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Engineering Education High School (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - CO - Colorado Springs .