- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Scheduler Call Center- Part-time
The Methodist Primary Care Group s Scheduler II Call Center position exists to assure that patients scheduled to receive services in their assigned location are financially cleared prior to their scheduled appointment, through accurate and timely scheduling, registration, and verification of eligibility and benefits, Additionally, the position exists to provide excellent customer service when communicating with patients who visit our clinics. It also exists to provide notification to patients, physicians, and management of issues that may result in potential service delays or reimbursement denials.
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
The Methodist Primary Care Group s Scheduler II Call Center will be responsible for scheduling and registering patients for the staffed primary care physicians and specialists, utilizing internal controls and applications. This position will be utilizing a computerized scheduling system and multiple software applications to complete the registration process prior to obtaining services in the primary care clinics, to include software management that supports eligibility and verification. The employee will have interactions with all levels of staff and management, physicians, patients and families to obtain information and properly schedule and register services. The employee will be responsible for the call center directly and triage calls as appropriate to other areas as received on a daily basis. The employee will use independent judgement and clinical knowledge to adjust clinic and physicians schedules and accommodate special requests from internal and external customers as indicated. This employee will work with the physician templates and clinical protocols directly as indicated by management and physicians on an as needed basis.
1. This employee will use independent judgment and clinical knowledge to adjust clinic and physicians schedules and accommodate special requests from internal and external customers as indicated.
2. This employee will work with the physician templates and clinical protocols directly as indicated by management and physicians on an as needed basis
3. The employee will have interactions with all levels of staff and management, physicians, patients and families to obtain information and properly schedule and register services.
4. The employee will be responsible for the call center directly and triage calls as appropriate to other areas as received on a daily basis while working under the guidelines and scripts as set forth by management
5. Provide patients with information needed to prepare for appointment per Center/Service protocol. Enroll patients on the Patient Portal and provide PIN numbers, complying with HIPAA regulations.
6. Keeps open channels of communication with all parties involved: physician, patient, service areas, regarding action taken and resolution.
1. Utilizes courteous and professional telephone techniques and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain rapport with patients, physicians/office personnel and various hospital personnel, while maintaining patient confidentiality. Appropriately utilizes ACD/CISCO telephone system.
2. Use Department Scripting and Appointment scheduling policy when scheduling appointments and ensures ICARE values are met while working within the scripting provided.
3. Communicates appropriately via email to the assistants/PA s with the patients request for appointment when schedule is booked and works directly with the clinical team for scheduling conflicts, special requests, and urgent patient needs as directed via the physician protocol.
4. Assist with new referral from E-fax, Emails along with specific doctor s offices calling directly to schedule emergency patients same day or within 24 hours
5. Provides coverage for operator during transitions and as needed per management discretion.
1. This position will be utilizing a computerized scheduling system and multiple software applications to complete the registration process prior to obtaining services in the primary care clinics. Software applications will include software management that supports eligibility and verification.
2. This position will verify benefits and referrals as applicable, ensuring the information is accurate and updated prior to the patient s visit.
3. This position will work directly revenue cycle team and other departments to ensure the correct information and registration is complete and accurate prior to the patient visiting the clinic. This position will identify areas of concern and improvement to better the team and the overall practice in collecting revenue from front end operations being faulty.
4. Obtains and inputs accurate scheduling and registration data, including but not limited to: patient demographics, insurance, guarantor and clinical information on the information system in order to initiate financial clearance activities: benefit eligibility and verification, pre-certification notification and payment review.
5. ocuments patients accounts with information related to any potential issue(s) that could result in service delays or cancellations due to the lack of financial clearance.
1. Maintain HIPPA Guidelines
2. Utilize resources to perform verification of patient insurances. Obtains required data in order to support departmental and hospital clinical/financial needs.
3. Maintain standard of productivity set by department policy and procedures
4. Uses established auditing procedures to process appointments and registrations.
5. Maintains internal controls for ensuring verification and eligibility is met and established correctly prior to patient visit.
6. Provide patients with information needed to prepare for appointment per Center/Service protocol. Enroll patients on the Patient Portal and provide PIN numbers, complying with HIPAA regulations.
7. Utilization requirements and addressing physician/patient requests or needs. Identifies and assigns correct medical record numbers.
8. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards
1. Answer calls in a timely manner
2. Follow up on verification of insurance on a daily basis
3. Works directly with physicians, office staff, and patients to ensure best practices within department
4. Works with manager to improve areas requiring concern as indicated and strives for excellence in the workplace
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Minimum two years experience in a medical setting or medical call center environment or three years high touch customer experience required. One or more years of direct scheduling experience is preferred. Basic personal computer skills required. Ability to navigate Windows environment and have general knowledge of keyboard required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills on the telephone and in person. Demonstrated proficiency in medical terminology including