O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OBG (Www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. Advanced Manufacturing. Energy. Environment. Water. For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a way.
We are currently looking for a Scheduler/Estimator based out of our Atlanta, GA office who is willing to travel to multiple project locations in the Southeast region. The Scheduler/Estimator will prepare/manage the cost estimates for construction and engineering phase projects which will aid management in budgeting, bidding or determining the price of a product or service. The individual will rely on the use of construction plans, construction methods and experience in the industry to prepare and analyze project budgets and spending. This person will also assist, develop and update project schedules and procurement plans and will be expected to lead procurement activities for vendors, suppliers, consultants and subcontractors. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Serves as client interface for estimates, schedules, and procurement activities.
* Develops training for other estimators, schedulers, and procurement team members.
* Leads large, complex, at risk and engineering estimates independently.
* Establishes relationship with outside pre-construction services providers to subcontracts estimating and pre-construction services.
* Develops master/control schedules and estimates and present to clients.
* Leads larger teams independently to development all phases of pre-construction activities (estimating, scheduling, procurement).
* Collaborates with Project Manager/Project Officer for budget and cost control on projects.
* Review estimates to insure estimated Project Costs are representative of scope and execution strategy.
* Participates actively in creating a safety culture in the office and at the jobsite.
* Adheres to the policies and standards set forth in the Firm s Quality Management System.
Skills & Qualifications:
* Travel is a requirement
* Associate Degree in Applied Science plus 9+ years relevant years of experience, or Bachelor s degree in an Engineering discipline or Construction plus 5+ years of relevant experience.
* Ability to read plans/drawings/specifications and interpret data.
* Understands the design process, construction risks, and bid process.
* Must understand construction sequencing and planning, construction scheduling/durations, safety planning, means and methods.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge and familiarity with Project Scheduling and Job Costing.
* High level of energy and ability to motivate employees.
* Understanding of estimating software (Timberline) and scheduling software (P3/P6/Microsoft Project).
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer