Construction Estimator 9/15/2016
O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OBG (Www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. Advanced Manufacturing. Energy. Environment. Water. For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a way.
We currently have an opening for a Construction Estimator in our Atlanta, GA office to support our Advanced Manufacturing Brand services. This position will prepare/manage schedules and cost estimates for both construction and engineering phase projects/services to aid management in scheduling, budgeting, bidding or determining price of product or service. The incumbent must rely on the use of construction plans, construction methods and experience in the industry to prepare and analyze project schedules, budgets and spending. Primary focus will be to develop and update project schedules and procurement plans. Individual will also be looked at to lead procurement activities for vendors, suppliers, consultants, and subcontractors. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
* Serves as client interface for schedules, estimates, and procurement activities.
* Develops training for other schedulers, estimators, and procurement team members.
* Develops overall project schedule with proper logic from concept development through start-up.
* Develop resource loaded schedules.
* Leads large, complex, at risk and engineering estimates independently.
* Establishes relationship with outside pre-construction services providers to subcontracts estimating and preconstruction services.
* Develops master/control schedules and estimates and present to clients.
* Leads larger teams independently to development all phases of pre-construction activities (estimating, scheduling, procurement).
* Collaborates with Project Manager/Project Officer for budget and cost control on projects.
* Review estimates to insure estimated Project Costs are representative of scope and execution strategy.
* Associate Degree in Applied Science plus 11+ years relevant years of experience, or Bachelor s degree in an Engineering discipline or Construction plus 8+ years of relevant experience.
* Experience in Industrial Estimating is required
* Ability to read plans/drawings/specifications and interpret data.
* Understands the design process, construction risks, and bid process.
* Must understand construction sequencing and planning, construction scheduling/durations, safety planning, means and methods.
* Travel required.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge and familiarity with Project Scheduling and Job Costing preferred.
* Understanding of estimating software (Timberline) and scheduling software (Primavera 6/Microsoft Project) is a plus
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer