Scheduler - FT - 10a-7p Mon-Fri + some Sat
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/31/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08059-2729
Days (rotating weekends)
FULL TIME, MONDAY-FRIDAY + SOME SATURDAYS, 10A-7P
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC) provides full service, outpatient diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services in San Antonio, Texas. STRIC prides itself in providing exceptional customer service in every aspect of their business, with highly qualified and experienced registered technologists performing medically responsible imaging exams using some of the latest imaging technology available. STRIC's growth strategy is centered around adapting to the needs of its patients by continually adjusting to a constantly changing environment. For more information go to http:/stric.com.
General Statement of Duties:
The Scheduler will be responsible for operating in such a manner as to ensure a smooth and effective method of receiving and referring all incoming scheduling calls. The Scheduler will endeavor to ensure and maintain an excellent relationship between STRIC, it s patients and users of service. Schedules diagnostic studies on a daily basis.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Interviews patients or representative of the patient for patient demographic and insurance information to begin the scheduling process.
2. Schedules the exams accurately and on the date and time that is convenient to the patient or representative of the patient.
3. Processes STAT and URGENT requests immediately and notifies appropriate departments.
4. Provides general information regarding tests, clinic location, preps and services provided by; and STRIC location as well as direction to all locations.
5. Orients new personnel and assists in their transition to the work environment as assigned.
6. Provides backup assistance to other associates in the department upon completion of duties or as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required.
A minimum of one year experience in radiology setting is desirable but not necessary; working knowledge of medical terminology is desirable; computer and data entry experience is desirable; working knowledge of health insurance and government programs is desirable; radiology scheduling experience is desirable.
MINIMUM LICENSE AND CERTIFICATES REQUIRED: Must type a minimum of 35 Net Words Per Minute (NWPM). Must be certified by taking Texas Workforce Commission Typing test and providing certificate.
Last Edited: 08/12/2016