This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Job Code: 07437-55871
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company s mission, vision, and values by scheduling patient surgical procedures and maintaining the surgery schedule.
SUPERVISOR: Business Office Manager or designee
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (subject to review if RN and/or if duties include supervisory with discretion to make employment decision that may include hiring, firing, disciplinary action, performance management, etc.)
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Obtains CPT and ICD-9 diagnosis codes and other clinical information as required for treatment of the patient from the physician s office; seeks assistance from Facility Coder as determined through facility processes.
* Prepares documentation for Notification of Non-covered Medicare Services or Advance Beneficiary notices to patients and notifies physician s offices about these procedures.
* Determines if patient has been previously treated at the center. If so, completes chart request from Medical Records and notifies Materials Manager /Nurse Manager of any physician special equipment/requests.
* Determines O.R. time needed for the procedure and works with O.R. nurse to ensure daily schedule is streamlined.
* Maintains Center Block Schedule List. Arranges necessary anesthesia coverage, as determined through facility processes.
* Calls and/or faxes physician s offices to notify them of any open schedule times that may allow for additional cases to be taken for the Center.
* Promptly forwards patient face sheets to Insurance Verification to obtain necessary authorizations based on insurance types.
* Verifies/confirms physician is credentialed at the Center before scheduling the patient.
* Posts/faxes schedule within twenty four (24) hours of receipt.
* Refers conflicts and procedural questions to Business Office Manager/Administrator/Nurse Manager as they arise.
* Assists with and participates in scheduler luncheons and other facility marketing efforts, as determined through facility processes.
* Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
* Cross-trains as back up to other business office positions as requested.
* Performs other general duties as assigned.
BEHAVIORAL SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS:
* Supports and adheres to all company and Center policies and procedures.
* Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and Compliance policies, and HIPAA requirements.
* Supports and adheres to personnel policies and programs which specify privileges and responsibilities of employment, including compliance with an adverse incident reporting system, quality improvement program, patient safety initiatives, and risk management program.
* Displays willingness to speak up about safety issues or change practices to enhance safety; asks for help when needed; enhances teamwork; follows the safety literature/policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* ORGANIZATION Proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources and time.
* COMMUNICATION Communicates clearly, concisely and professionally.
* ANALYTICAL SKILLS Demonstrates ability to critically evaluate and appropriately act upon information.
* CUSTOMER ORIENTATION Establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
* DECISION MAKING Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
* CONTRIBUTING TO TEAM SUCCESS Actively participates as a member of the Center s team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
* POLICIES & PROCEDURES Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
* PC SKILLS Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) applications; knowledge of, or ability to learn, AdvantX Accounts Receivable System, Smart, HOST and other systems as required. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
* TECHNICAL SKILLS Knowledge of surgical procedures and equipment; commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, HMO/PPO, Tricare insurance operation procedures; and medical terminology.
* Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred.
1 year of surgery scheduling with basic knowledge of anatomy and CPT codes
* BLS may be required as per facility standard.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
This job requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. It also requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, computer, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing/eyesight/voice projection to record, prepare, and communicate appropriately. Requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may involve dealing with angry or upset people and may be stressful at times.
Last Edited: 09/16/2016