Scheduler Per Diem Days 2 Openings
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Scheduler \- Per Diem / Days \(2 Openings\) Department:
Brawerman Scheduling - - - # Description Requisition ID:
7941 Job Title:
Scheduler \(2 Openings\) Shift:
Per Diem / Days Location:
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
* This role is responsible for the scheduling of patients for ambulatory care \(outpatient\) appointments, including creation of a pre\-authorization request, and request for authorization of services as applicable\. The Scheduler also screens ordered tests and procedures for medical necessity and provides patient as applicable advance beneficiary notice along with a printed itinerary of future appointments and patient instructions as applicable\. Other duties may include sending orders for diagnostic tests to appropriate department and assisting with the scheduling of post\-discharge appointments\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* Minimum Education:
* High School or equivalent\.*
* Minimum Experience:
* Two years of medical scheduling and or medical front office or unit secretary experience in a health care setting Salary Range:
$19\.94 to $27\.92 hourly*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .