Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
Joseph T. Ryerson and Son, Inc., one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking a Production Scheduler to join our warehouse facility in Kansas City, MO. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the successful candidates' responsibilities will include the following:
- Maintain production schedule for all processing equipment.
- Enter and prioritize all coil processing orders.
- Finalize and bill coil processing orders.
- Calculate and document production costs for all coil processing orders.
- Manage and replenish skid, lumber, and vinyl protection inventories.
- Understand production goals and implement actions necessary to meet objectives
- Responsible for addressing material and freight claims with internal and external vendors.
- Understands quality goals and implement actions necessary to meet goals
- Communicate with other departments within facility as well as other Ryerson locations
- Participate and advise on decisions regarding lead-times and processing capabilities
- Associates degree required
- Knowledge of coil processing equipment operations preferred
- Machine or equipment scheduling a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience working in a team-focused environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.