Scheduling Coordinator - Healthcare - ReqCode 1043692
Schedulers: Join a Leader in Home Care at Willcare -
It's all about helping people achieve more!Willcare is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
The Scheduling Coordinator coordinates the assignment of skilled clinicians to patients based on the needs of the patient and the qualifications of the clinician. Responsible for the timely input of schedule related information in the computer system. Maintains excellent rapport with patients, family members and co-workers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR POSITION:
* Schedules professional visits to appropriate clinical team. Ensure clinical competencies of professional caregiver meets patient's skilled needs.
* Ensures appropriate productivity of all professional direct care staff on team while also providingcontinuity of care for patient. manage overtime, manage staff productivity, and scheduling according to authorization
* Works collaboratively with Clinical Supervisor to assign initial visits to licensed professionals to ensure timely starts of care and completion of initial evaluation visits.
* Reschedules missed and declined visits and process reassigned and rescheduled requests to ensure timely completion of these tasks and proper patient coverage.
* Reviews reports at least twice daily to ensure visits are covered / assigned.
* Maintains organized, effective communication systems to ensure continuity of care, care coordination, staff productivity, and management of overtime.
* Ensure visits are scheduled relative to authorizations and appropriate payer(s) and discontinue orders if applicable.
* Maintain field staff working calendars.
* Assure compliance with conditions of participation/regulatory requirements and internal processes as it relates to scheduling.
* Communicates with Clinical Managers and Clinical Field Supervisors on all new home health aides assigned to cases, needs for placement visits and orientation visits.
* Documents in writing and/or verbally, to the Clinical Managers and Clinical Field Supervisors regarding all complaints / occurrences received.
* Documents all schedule changes and completes entry of changes into HCHB system.
* Complete HCHB reports and workflow tasks as assigned.
* Prepares reports as necessary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF AGENCY EMPLOYEES:
* Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Mission, Purpose and Philosophy.
* Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
* Takes initiative and responsibility for decisions as an individual and as a company. Exhibits commitment to personal and company-wide goals.
* Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness. Approaches everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
* Places needs of the patient first at all times. Care management and service delivery are developed with the goals of the patient's healing and support in mind. Strives to deliver lasting value to our patients in the comfort of their home.
* Strives to help lead the industry through vision, technology, innovation, and customer service.
* Strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees, patients, and community.
* Encourages a positive environment and experience for co-workers and patients.
* Treats employees, patients, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
* Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to agency policies and procedures.
* Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
* Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Adheres to departmental and agency dress codes as observed by supervisor.
* Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Attends and participates in staff meetings, required in-services, agency PI activities and other meetings as requested.
* Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, beneficial, and cost effective manner
* Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Observe infection control and standard precautions.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* High School Graduate or GED equivalent. Associate Degree preferred.
* One-year experience in a health care setting. Scheduling experience preferred.
* Computer experience required
* Requires interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with staff.
* Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
* Able to demonstrate problem-solving skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
PERSONAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
* Work environment is characteristic of any office setting which involves prolonged periods of sitting and intermittent physical activity such as occasional requirement to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, bend, kneel, or crouch.
* Occasional irregularity of hours
* May have on call responsibilities
Almost Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life and Accidental Death Insurance
* Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
* Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
* 401-k Retirement Plan
If you have a passion for seniors, a special place awaits you on our Senior Advocacy Team!
Scheduler / Scheduling / Healthcare / Registration / Clinical Scheduling / Home Care