Scheduling Coordinator / Home Health - PRN - ReqCode 1064247
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJoin a Leader in Home Care at Willcare -
It's all about helping people achieve more!Willcare is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
Coordinate the assignment of employees to patients based on the needs of the patient and the qualifications of the employee. Responsible for the timely input of schedule related information in the computer system. Must maintain good rapport with patients, family members, other staff and employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR POSITION:
* Appropriately schedule employees to match ordered needs of patients.
* Document all schedule changes and complete computer entry of changes.
* Communicate to nursing all new employees assigned to cases, needs for placement visits andorientation visits.
* Communicate accurate information to employee regarding directions to patient's home and contents of the Plan of Care / Care Plan.
* Complete Case Memos for patient changes in a timely manner and accurately.
* Review discrepancies on timecard submissions and give verification / authorization as justified.
* Complete task in appropriate time frame.
* Review and process the Employee Status Memo.
* Initiate the progressive counseling process as per Agency Policy for no shows, call offs, etc.
* Communicate in writing and / or verbally, to the Nursing Department / supervisor, all complaints / occurrences received.
* Run appropriate computer reports.
* Notify supervisor of any problems and needs for assistance.
* Responsible for sharing on-call duties with same procedures and documentation requirements as during office hours.
* Appropriately follows through with all service requests when on-call.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF AGENCY EMPLOYEES:
* Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Mission, Purpose and Philosophy.
* Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
* Takes initiative and responsibility for decisions as an individual and as a company. Exhibits commitment to personal and company-wide goals.
* Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness. Approaches everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
* Places needs of the patient first at all times. Care management and service delivery are developed with the goals of the patient's healing and support in mind. Strives to deliver lasting value to our patients in the comfort of their home.
* Strives to help lead the industry through vision, technology, innovation, and customer service.
* Strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees, patients, and community.
* Encourages a positive environment and experience for co-workers and patients.
* Treats employees, patients, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
* Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to agency policies and procedures.
* Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
* Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Adheres to departmental and agency dress codes as observed by supervisor.
* Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Attends and participates in staff meetings, required in-services, agency PI activities and other meetings as requested.
* Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, beneficial, and cost effective manner
* Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Observe infection control and standard precautions.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* High School Diploma / GED equivalent.
* Office and / or personnel experience preferred.
* Computer experience preferred.
* Ability to read and write in English.
PERSONAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
* Work environment is characteristic of any office setting which involves prolonged periods of sitting and intermittent physical activity such as occasional requirement to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, bend, kneel, or crouch.
* Occasional irregularity of hours
* May have on call responsibilities
If you have a passion for seniors, a special place awaits you on our Senior Advocacy Team!