This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Scheduling Manager directs the operation of the Scheduling Department and related activities, including but not limited to Subscriptions management, Future Day Schedule Optimization efforts, and periodic System Adjustments (Run Cuts).
The Scheduling Manager is responsible for ensuring that the schedules produced for are achievable, efficient, utilize the full range of technological tools to assist in their production, and are in accordance with policies and procedures. Duties involve daily communication and interaction with staff reporting to the Scheduling Manager, staff and other Managers in the operation.
* Ensuring the service provided by the Scheduling staff is in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Ensuring system parameters are safeguarded from any unauthorized changes.
* Will be highly interactive with contract staff and will work collaboratively to assist with making Trapeze parameters recommendations for continuing improvement of the quality of the scheduling results for paratransit service.
* Responsible for Fixed Route runcutting using Hastus, must have expert knowledge of all aspects of Hastus to perform a runcut incorporating work rules and company parameters.
* Must have at least five (5) years of management experience with large urban FixedRoute or ADA paratransit services.
* Must have an expert-level knowledge and command of Hastus
* Must be highly organized and skilled in producing daily schedules and maintaining subscriptions
* Must be observant, analytical, and capable of providing suggestions to improve schedule productivity and service hour allocations
* Must have Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required, but may be substituted with five additional years of public transit experience.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.