This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Independently manages, establishes, maintains and reviews schedules. Provides management support for shared services functions including payroll and accounts receivable processes. Matches available staff to posts. Notifies staff of schedules. Minimizes avoidable overtime through effective scheduling strategies. Contacts and re-deploys staff to fill call-offs. Responds to schedule changes and client requests. Controls processes in automated resource systems.
Primary job function is managing the scheduling process. This job description applies only to salaried positions performing essential functions of the nature described, with the authority to make independent choices, free from immediate supervision, in significant matters that affect the business, or to carry out tasks that are directly and closely related to such work, no less than 50% of the time. If a position performs such work less than 50% of the time, it should be classified as: Scheduler.
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
* Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
* In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
* Manages the scheduling of Security Officers and supervisors at client sites; manages the scheduling process to optimize operating results and to keep avoidable overtime (AVOT) to a minimum; determines best resolution to staffing issues and problems.
* Maintains site coverage at all times; tracks requests for time off including vacation and personal leave requests to ensure site coverage; responds to emergency situations, call-offs, and absences to ensure that client sites have coverage; acts as call in center for remote posts.
* Ensures that accurate timekeeping, payroll, and billing data is posted in the automated resource system; verifies billing and payroll reports and corrects discrepancies; interfaces with accounts receivable and payroll departments to make corrections.
* Maintains current knowledge of site contracts and requirements, of Security Officer training, availability and time worked, and of client exclusion lists.
* Coordinates scheduling changes with management, supervisors, and staff; serves as a liaison with clients, management, and staff in resolving scheduling, training, billing and payroll problems.
* May supervise office staff and perform duties on behalf of line management as delegated.
* Ensures that an adequate on call security force is available to cover vacancies created by absences and call-offs.
* Coordinates the daily schedules and assignments of supervisory staff; briefs supervisors on changes to post schedules and new Security Officer schedules.
* Advises management and/or Human Resources staff of openings as they occur; assists in the screening of Security Officer candidates; interviews new Security Officers to ascertain their availability for various shifts; matches Security Officers with site requirements and qualifications.
* Recommends removal of Security Officers from posts based on client complaints, attendance problems or other performance issues; advises management of any staffing problems that may arise as client requirements change.
* Maintains records of Security Officer qualifications, certifications and training and coordinates on-site training requirements with site supervisor to meet client needs.
* Manages key and equipment control processes.
* Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
Education/Experience: Associate s Degree and 2 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
* Thorough understanding of security operations.
* Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
* Demonstrated knowledge of mathematical concepts including computation of rates, ratios, percentages, averages and reconciliation.
* Ability to direct work by providing instructions in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
* Demonstrated knowledge of standard office productivity software.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret various internal and external documents and reports.
* Ability to write reports and correspondence in a clear and concise manner.
* Strong planning, organizing, and leadership skills.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
* Ability to be an effective team member.
* Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
* Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Computer usage.
* Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
* Regular talking and hearing.
* Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.