Scheduling Specialist 9/1/2016
Meador Staffing Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Bachelor's or Associate's degree preferred but not mandatory.
* Experience in lieu of degree, acceptable.
* OSHA safety, preferred but not required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Ability to understand and follow detailed oral and written work instructions.
* Excellent motivational, interpersonal and communications skills.
* Computer literacy.
* MS Excel at intermediate level to create reports.
* Strong work ethic.
* Highly dependable and flexible.
* Attention to detail and precision in work.
* Ability to multitask and resolve problems.
* Must be driven with a sense of responsibility and accountability.
* Ability to speak, read and write English.
* Spanish preferred, but not required.
The Scheduling Specialist plans and schedules work orders for our production shop. The Scheduling Specialist performs a variety of job functions, from record keeping, production scheduling, to reporting information across multiple departments. The Scheduling Specialist looks at the available resources, (employees, materials, calendar days) and works out a production schedule for finish product to be completed by the production shop. Works hand in hand with the production manager
This position is responsible for providing detail coordination and support for the production department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND ACTIVITIES:
* Coordinate with production to ensure that the production schedule and staffing requirements are accurately posted, updated, and maintained.
* Oversees and coordinates employee training regarding safety, new processes and/or procedures.
* Maintain and over sees production data collection.
* Work closely with supervisor and manager on various projects.
* Ability to demonstrate safe working habits.
* Ability to follow and enforce all company policies and procedures.
* Develop weekly production schedule.
* Review order inventory report to ensure Finish good inventory is consistent with sales orders; adjust production schedule as needed to cover all customer orders.
* Ensure the availability of products needed for each production run.
* Monitor and address product shortages with the Purchasing Specialist.
* From time to time will handle material purchasing.
* Confirm daily production schedule for completeness.
* Assist with cycle counts and order discrepancies to ensure work orders close properly.
* Review direct labor hour report to ensure production orders accounts for all hours worked.
* Review all work order variance report for discrepancies.
* Assist with year-end inventory processes and audit.
* Identify and resolve count discrepancies between actual count and book count.
* Maintain inventory control in ERP to achieve maximum accuracy.
* LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED