Scientific Advisor - Part-time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
ERT is the leading cloud platform solutions provider that captures quality efficacy and safety endpoints, harmonizes data from any clinical source system, and delivers real-time insights for optimum trial performance innovating better health for over 40 years and tomorrow. ERT s combination of technology, services, and consulting increases the accuracy and reliability of patient data and improves the efficiency of the clinical development process throughout the product lifecycle. ERT provides sponsors and CROs with the most widely deployed solutions in centralized Cardiac Safety, Respiratory, Suicide Risk Assessment, and Clinical Outcome Assessments (COAs including patient, clinician, and observer reported outcomes). ERT is a global organization with headquarters in Philadelphia, PA and offices throughout the U.S., U.K., Japan, and Germany.
ERT is hiring a Part Time Scientific Advisor. This person will be a member of a team of accomplished scientists and technologists, the Scientific Advisor provides scientific guidance and analysis to the Sales, Marketing, Consulting Services and Client Services functions in a software company that creates electronic data collection systems for clinical trials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Review clinical protocols from prospective customers;
* Plan the data collection design;
* Determine the project complexity;
* Write content for the Scope of Work;
* Prepare capability and proposal defense presentations; and
* Attend pre-sales customer presentations.
Consulting Services Support:
* Develop instrument and patient reported outcomes diary designs;
* Participate in concept elicitation, cognitive debriefing and usability testing;
* Prepare of study documents including centralized IRB submissions;
* Interview subjects;
* Coding and Analysis;
* Gap and Data Analysis;
* Prepare Reports;
* Acquire and maintain critical knowledge to support clients and ERT teams to maintain knowledge base regarding regulations and scientific advances that influence ERT services; and
* Participate in discussions on behalf of the client with instrument copywriters, regulatory authorities and other third parties.
* Contribute to product development decisions;
* Participate in presentations at professional forums;
* Participate in the preparation and review of publications; and
* Support projects which are designed to obtain marketing information.
Client Services Support:
* Assist project handoff from sales to services;
* Contribute to training of Client Services staff regarding diary design, scientific objectives of proposals, best practices; and
* Support Client Services at selected post sales customer meetings.
* Travel approximately 10% of time
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Qualifications and Skills Needed:
Education Minimum: PhD is required.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Minimum of 5 years experience in working with or managing clinical trials
* Familiarity with the drug development life cycle
* Fluency in both scientific and business concepts
* Polished presentation skills with an ability to engage the audience
* Skilled with MS Office and possessing general technology savvy
* Comfortable and fearless learning new computer programs.
* Enthusiasm for role of consultant
* Experience with Patient Reported Outcomes and electronic PROs is a big plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.