Scientific Associate, Formulation and Delivery 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Purpose:
This position provides technical and scientific expertise to the Formulations and Delivery Function, particularly in the areas of assay execution, lyophilisation development and protein vaccine formulations. The Scientist will independently conduct multiple lab activities under supervision to support and advance research projects. The job requires generating and analyzing data and reporting results, as well as maintaining required documentation.
1. Implement and optimize experimental protocols in the areas of formulations and delivery to support and advance Research projects
* Conduct assays and troubleshoot assay development for formulated material
* Perform and develop lyophilization experiments for protein, nucleic acid, and liposomal formulations
* Perform formulation with protein based formulations and adjuvants
* Perform RNA and lipid analytics as needed
* Design, execute, analyze, and report data from experiments in a timely manner
2. Demonstrate understanding, ownership, and accountability of assigned Research projects
* Contribute to publications and prepare reports as needed
* Prepare and present data in the context of the overall project at cross-functional meetings and to internal and external stakeholders
* Conduct self-directed literature review to improve personal understanding and to troubleshoot & advance projects
* Provide scientific input and contribute to project planning and overall strategy
3. Function as a productive team member of the Seqirus Research group
* Work and communicate effectively with others within and across functions
* Demonstrate a high level of engagement and contribute to scientific discussions in meetings
* Pursue cross-training opportunities or learn new technologies as needed to fulfill role
* Train on and follow internal policies and procedures to maintain day-to-day lab operation, quality standards, HSE compliance, IP, performance management, etc.
* Help build and promote a positive culture and working environment
* Bachelor s or Master s Degree in relevant formulation and delivery related field
* Bachelor s Degree with at least 5 years experience, or a Master s Degree with at least 2-3 years experience. Prior industry experience preferred.
* Knowledge and relevant laboratory experience in the field of formulation and delivery
* Lyophilization (including: MDSC, cycle development, reconstitution time, pH, appearance, moisture content analysis, etc.) and other vaccine stabilization skills required.
* Experience with functional assays, osmolarity, UPLC, DLS/NTA systems, CD, and VP-DSC preferred
* Ability to independently design, execute, analyze, and interpret data with some guidance and supervision
* Ability to multitask and to work on multiple research projects in parallel
* Good demonstration of time and resource management, communication, and teamwork
* Ability to generate written reports or publications, to prepare and present data at cross-functional meetings, and to demonstrate ownership, understanding, and accountability of assigned projects.
* Demonstration of intellectual and scientific curiosity, a high level of engagement, and initiative to conduct literature review to improve personal understanding and to troubleshoot & advance projects.
Seqirus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.