Scientific Service Specialist - Flow Cytometry
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
The Scientific Services Specialist carries out
analyzing, measuring, recording, and organizing
deliverables for samples testing at a client site.
Provides on-call response support for client site. Will
participate in an on-call response rotation with
requirement to respond to client issues outside of
normal work hours. Response may be provided online or
may require employee to report to client site to respond
* Primary responsibility is to be the superuser of
state of the art sorters and multilaser instruments.
* Experience sorting with ARIA is preferred.
* Collaborates with the multiple principal
investigators and their personnel to design
appropriate flow cytometry and sorting studies.
* Schedules work, ensures proper maintenance of all
equipment and troubleshoots multiple cell sorting
and FACS analysis instruments.
* Trains users in the proper use of the user-based
* Demonstrates good oral and written communication
skills and basic knowledge of computer programs such
as MS Word and Excel.
* Maintenance and QC:Clean instruments, replenish
consumables, interface with scientists and
investigators, and troubleshoot minor
* Training of proper instrumentations use and analysis
* Cell sorting: Full Service Cell Sorts and Sort
* Application Support;Panel Design;Cell Sort
* Maintain Flow Core Lab Inventory
* Maintain appropriate chain of custody and inventory
records for shipments of instrumentations
* Equipment uptime readiness maintenance
* BS degree in a life science or related discipline.
* 2+ years flow cytometry/cell sorting experience.
* Experience with Aria is a plus.
* Strong MS Excel skills.
* Well-developed written and oral communication
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team