Scientific Studies Scheduler
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Scientific Studies scheduler will work with the Project Management team, as well as Virology scientists to schedule, assign, and report on specific testing/studies. The Scheduler will be working collaboratively with these teams to assure that resources and personnel are available to complete the testing trials. This will include, but is not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Collaboration with Project Management team to report on scheduling for customer sample testing
* Performs testing in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP).
* Collaboration with Virology testing teams (3 groups) to schedule sutides
* Makes detailed observations, documents results and performs data analysis.
* Demonstrates a consistently high level of quality of work.
* Performs peer review of assay batch/lab records to ensure Right First Time (RFT).
* Utilizes applicable computer programs during testing and routine tasks (i.e. Word, Excel, Oracle, LIMS, BRIQS, etc.).
* Utilizes problem solving/ trouble shooting skills.
* Informs supervisor of deviations or factors that may affect quality and accuracy of data.
* Contributes to the completion of event records.
* Peer review of study results for pre-validation; real time process review
* Maintains a working knowledge of lab procedures and assays.
* May serve as a team lead
* Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* BA/BS in scientific discipline with 3 or more years relevant experience
* Experience with LIMS
* MS Office Suite proficient
* Demonstrated problem solving skills
* Strong communication and collaboration
* Previous study scheduling experience is preferred
* Experience in a fast paced testing environment preferred
* Experience in Quality Assurance, Technical Writing, or Project Coordination
* Well organized and proficient in managing multiple projects
Knowledge and Skills:
* Intermediate skills in applicable computer programs
* Excellent oral and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through presentations/seminars, oversight of projects, etc.
* Ability to work well independently and in a team based environment
* Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
* Highly, technically competent
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination