This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 3/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of scientific writing tasks, including
1) writing and editing laboratory documents and manuscripts for research findings for submission to journals for publication; 2) working with PIs to write and edit grant applications and related documents and then to upload files for submission to funding agencies; 3) working with PIs and research fellows to prepare, write and edit research and clinical protocols, grant progress reports; 4) writing and editing website posting and news related to the Center research activities and seminars.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist principal investigators (PIs) to write and edit scientific manuscripts for publication.
Work with PIs to write and edit grant applications and preparing other related documents and upload files for grant submission.
Work with PIs and research fellows to prepare, write and edit research and clinical protocols, grant progress reports.
Write and edit website posting and news related to the Center research activities and seminars
Assures compliance with Methodist policies, rules, and regulations to meet federal, state, and local standards.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Arts degree in a relevant field required. Graduate degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in a biological science field is preferred.
Three plus years of experience in science writing/editing is required. Prefer someone with experience in writing and editing biomedical manuscripts and grant applications, and familiar with grant application submission and process.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* An excellent understanding of scientific/medical terminology and basic sciences
* Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to details and the ability to multi-task
* Excellent computer skills with programs such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Adobe Photoshop, EndNote/Reference Manager.
* Ability to work effectively on a team member
* Strong interpersonal skills
An Activity Checklist (see final page) must be prepared for each job and be attached to the job description. Reasonable accommodation may need to be made to these requirements to enable individuals with disabilities to perform this work.
Normal office work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.