Scientist, Complex Products
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
FOR US, ITS A MISSION
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the worlds 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing whats right, not whats easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Heres how this role will help:
* Develop and/or validate analytical methods for biosimilars and complex products with various electrophoresis (CE, PAGE, 2D-gel), HPLC and LC/MS instrumentation.
* Perform quantitative and qualitive characterization of protein therapeutics and other biopharmaceuticals in support of ANDA, NDA or BLA submissions.
* Review data generated to ensure compliance with laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other relevant policies.
* Author various documents such as Analytical Procedures, Protocols and Reports
* Provide and develop training on biological instrumentation and/or techniques.
MAKE OUR VALUES YOUR VALUES
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 2-4 years of experience. A Masters degree (or equivalent) and 2 years of experience or a Ph. D. degree preferred. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
* Possess knowledge of the proteomics, biomolecule structure characterization techniques, CE, 2D-Gel, HPLC and LC-MS instrumentation, other analytical techniques and/or Biological assays employed to characterize biosimilars and other complex products. Experience in characterization of biopharmaceuticals and biomolecules a plus. Must be familiar with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations.
* Must possess good communication (oral and written) and analytical skills. Must have a working knowledge of separation techniques (HPLC and UPLC), electrophoresis (CE, PAGE, 2D-Gel, DIGE), protein structure analytical techniques, common computer software packages (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel, Lotus Notes) as well as instrument-specific control and data acquisition software.
* Ability to perform computations such as percentages, ratios, and rates.
* Ability to solve problems with a variety of concrete variables through semi-standardized solutions that require some ingenuity and analysis. Ability to draw inferences and follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve moderately complex problems.
* Ability to read and interpret complex business and/or technical documents. Ability to write comprehensive reports and detailed business correspondence. Ability to work with groups of people such as other departments and communicate known concepts. Ability to present to a group of departments.
* Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 30,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2016, 7:51:59 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing.