Scientist / Engineer - Virus & Gene Therapy Bioprocessing 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MilliporeSigma is the Life Science division of Merck KGaA of Germany and offers a broad range of innovative, performance products, services and business relationships that enable our customers' success in research, development and production of biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies. Through dedicated collaboration on new scientific and engineering insights, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the Life Science Tools industry, MilliporeSigma serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
This scientist or engineer position will support efforts leading to the development of novel technologies and processes for gene therapy manufacturing. The successful candidate will play an important role as an integral part of a dynamic team in MilliporeSigma s Virus & Gene Therapy Bioprocessing group.
This hands-on position will provide process development and product application expertise and coordinate and participate in collaboration activities while providing timely interpretation of data/results. This position will support partnerships to demonstrate industry leading solutions offered by MilliporeSigma. The position involves working collaboratively with a broad group of technical and non-technical personnel, including scientists and engineers as well as partner personnel.
The ability to work independently is required. The successful candidate will be expected to work safely, effectively and efficiently in the lab, contribute to project execution in a matrix environment to accomplish objectives with short deadlines. The ability to work effectively in a team environment is essential.
Qualifications for the position:
* PhD or MS with 5+ years of experience in Cell Biology or related Engineering field. Experience in process development, applications and product development environments is preferred.
* Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of a variety of upstream systems for viral vector production and downstream systems for viral vector purification.
* Strong experience in bioreactor process development and operation and/or downstream processing applications for viral vector production preferred.
* Deep technical understanding of viral vector design and optimization preferred.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work efficiently and independently to accomplish project objectives.
* Self-directed with sense of urgency and excited to learn and develop new skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to identify appropriate extended team members and secure commitment to project objectives.
* Experience working in a matrix resourcing environment and strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to appropriately communicate with external partners.
* Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks.
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.