Scientist/Geologist II/III 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Our Environmental team in Freehold, NJ is currently hiring for a mid-level Geologist or Environmental Scientist to join our team. In this position you will work with a team of dedicated engineers, geologists and scientists on local environmental projects.
* Tasks will include report preparation,client interface and regulatory agency interface. Work will include both office and field time.
* Works on projects of average difficulty, with work being reviewed in detail by supervisor.
* Assists in the preparation and modification of reports and studies for various project.
* Receives objectives and technical advice from supervisor.
* Compiles and computes a variety of scientific and engineering data.
* May conduct tests or experiments requiring selection and adaption or modifications of equipment or procedures; records data; analyzes data and assists in the preparation of reports.
* Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using limited judgment in making minor adaption and modifications.
* Extracts engineering data from various prescribed sources; processes the data following well-defined methods; and presents the data in prescribed form.
* Performs standardized or prescribed assignments involving relatively limited responsibility and general instructions as to methods and procedures to be followed.
* Performs standard practices and techniques in specific situations.
* Gathers and maintains specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc.
* Performs computations by substituting numbers in specified formulas, plots data and draws curves and graphs.
* Assists in providing and compiling project specific environmental impact information.
* May compile and monitor information sources concerning governmental regulation.
* Works to gain familiarity with the applicable laws, regulations, various programs, and procedures, which govern firm projects.
* Under general supervision, utilizes judgment to research and analyze data.
* B.S. degree in Geology or Environmental Science (or equivalent)
* 1-5 years of experience in conducting site investigations and remediation at ISRA, RCRA, UST or CERCLA sites involving solid waste, soil and groundwater.
* GIS and AutoCAD are a plus.
* Possession of current 40 hr OSHA Health & Safety training is a plus.
* Candidates must pass a physical examination as a condition of employment for this position..