Scientist, Global BioTherapeutics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
A New Beginning - Genesis 2
JOB DESCRIPTIONSCIENTIST, GLOBAL BIOTHERAPEUTICS
The Global BioTherapeutics Division of this Company is looking for a strong technical/scientific leader in biophysics and formulation of liquid drug products of high protein concentrations. Minimum requirements are a Ph.D. in biochemistry, protein biophysics, protein chemistry, biochemical engineering, physical chemistry or pharmaceutical sciences with 0-3 years of experience in formulation, delivery, and combination product development of biologics including monoclonal antibodies, bi-specific and tri-specific molecules and peptides.
* Develop the fundamental understandings of the links between molecular structure/solution compositions and macroscopic behavior including rheology, phase transition, and aggregation propensity in bulk solutions and at interfaces.
* Develop the state-of-the-art techniques to measure the rheological behavior of protein solutions to probe both bulk and interfacial properties for guiding the development of drug device combination development.
* Work closely with Global Biologics Research organization to establish the correlation between protein structure and solution behavior.
* Develop innovative formulation technologies for optimizing solution compositions to overcome the practical challenges encountered during the development and commercialization of drug device combination products.
* Be the advocates of rheological science of biologics drug products at our company. Build close connection to the academic/private eco-system to incorporate the best practice into our company''s drug device development tool boxes.
PH.D. in biochemistry, protein biophysics, protein chemistry, biochemical engineering or pharmaceutical sciences with 0-3 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
* Expertise in high concentration protein formulation technologies and the associated biophysics, rheology, and applied thermodynamics/kinetics including in particular: protein-excipient interactions, protein-devices characterization/optimization; thermodynamic of liquid-liquid phase separation in proteins; protein-protein interactions advanced knowledge in sedimentation equilibrium and sedimentation velocity analysis of proteins as well as light scattering, thermodynamic and kinetics modeling of high protein concentration self-association pathways; formulation inject ability.
* Hands-on experience with interfacial & bulk rheometry, UV-vis and FT-IR spectroscopy, circular dichroism.
* Good awareness of emerging and exploratory approaches in the fields of stabilization of high concentration protein solutions and optimization of solution behavior for development drug device combination products.
Base Salary - $95,000 to $120,000
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Bonus Eligible - Yes
2+ to 5 years experience
Minimum Education - Doctorate Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Also, please understand this may take time for both of us working together to help advance your career. I will do my best for you and never charge you anything for our time and efforts.