This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Redwood City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Scientist II will have experience in immunology and will be responsible for providing scientific and technical expertise within a cross-functional team to research and develop novel NGS or PCR-based products and services in the area of cancer biology and treatment.This position will report into a manager within the Genomic Sciences department within Research & Development.
S/he will participate in, interact with and influence various cross functional teams and act as a liaison between these teams and the Product & Services R&D group.
S/he will participate in improving current commercial assays and developing future products through technical/scientific groups providing scientific and technologic expertise to Product Teams, Business Development, and Senior Management.
S/he will facilitate and may lead execution of clinical and analytical lab studies.
* Provide scientific expertise in the areas of immunology, cancer biology and molecular genetics (especially in breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, and immune-oncology), next generation sequencing and polymerase chain reaction theory and methods, and tissue- and non-tissue-based methods for evaluating tumor-associated biology.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge in immunology, cancer biology and molecular genetics and proactively propose and implement application of new ideas and concepts in GHI programs
* May be a member of Development Subteam(s) with the following accountabilities:
* Execute projects related to the product development plan, intellectual property, system design, readiness and transition from Development to Commercial and Lab Operations,
* Participate in assay development from investigation through validation
* If leading a team, may identify needs of the Development Subteam(s) and partner with functional area groups for allocation of people and resources as required
* Collaborate closely with peers to address product-related biological and technology development issues and escalate project prioritization conflicts impacting resource availability.
* On teams, provide subject area expertise (biology, technology, process, genomics, etc.) directly or identify a subject matter expert within the Products & Services R&D group to consult with the team as needed
* Accountable for research and development protocols for a wide range of studies, including feasibility, exploratory, clinical and analytical validation, and post-marketing studies, to be executed within R&D
* Provide scientific input for product and process improvements
* Participate in authorship of final reports, abstracts and publications; responsible for some final reports
* May provide internal education about our products and technology to new and existing employees at varied experience and technical knowledge levels
* Apply the best principles of CLIA, GCP and design controls to product development as appropriate
* Other duties as assigned.
* PhD and/or MD and a minimum of 2 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a diagnostic environment
* Expert in Next Generation Sequencing or Polymerase Chain Reaction theory, methods and their application to product development
* Knowledge of immunology and cancer molecular genetics, with specific knowledge desired in breast cancer, prostate cancer and colon cancer, and immune-oncology.
* Knowledge of tissue-based and non-tissue-based methods for evaluating tumor-associated biology.
* Track record of success in cancer focused research through publication or successfully developed product.
* Scientific acumen leading to data-driven decisions
* Demonstrated excellent oral, written and presentation-based communication and influencing skills
* Ability to execute dynamic projects and to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
* Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
* Demonstrated ability to be highly effective in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment
* Strong team player
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Travel Requirements: No Travel to 10% Travel]
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
- Some lifting (greater than 25 pounds) may be necessary
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, tissue specimens and instruments with moving parts, lasers, heating and freezing elements, and high speed centrifugation
- Repetitive manual pipetting may be necessary
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit,www.GenomicHealth.comand follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth,Facebook,YouTubeandLinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees work life and personal life needs.
To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.