Scientist - Research and Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY R & D Scientist
Help shape the future of a rapidly developing pharmaceutical services company. Alcami is a leading global provider of drug development and manufacturing to pharmaceutical and biotech companies around the world. We offer exciting and challenging career opportunities in a dynamic and growth oriented business.
Located in Germantown, Wisconsin, Alcami is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin biotech/pharma cluster. The area boasts global market leaders in contract pharmaceutical services, and a rapidly growing number of academic incubators. A short drive from Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee, Germantown offers residents a small town quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many local recreation attractions, in addition to national sports teams (Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks), and a vibrant waterfront park community that includes world class art museums and children's museums.
The R & D Scientist in our Research and Development Department will demonstrate an in-depth working knowledge of scientific principles. Lead the implementation of new methods/processes to solve problems and prepare and review summaries of observations. Additionally, write and review SOPs, training modules, technical transfer documents, specifications, summary reports, and technical reports to be sent to clients or used in regulatory filings.
KEY RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES:
* Carry out chemical reactions on a gram to multi-kilogram scale.
* Isolate and purify products and intermediates by using standard laboratory techniques.
* Interpret analytical data.
* Perform routine analytical procedures to monitor reaction progress (ie: TLC, GC, NMR HPLC, KF).
* Solve moderate synthetic problems independently.
* Apply reaction mechanisms to practical execution of given synthesis.
* Optimize conditions of proposed and designed synthetic routes including, but not limited to purity, loadings, equivalents, cycle times, work up procedures and yield.
* Perform literature searches.
* Provide alternative synthetic routes to target compounds.
* Design multi-step synthetic processes from commercially available starting materials to target compounds.
* Provide clear documentation of all results and procedures
* Prepare final reports for completed projects including final procedures and compile all analytical data.
* Provide written and verbal updates to supervisors and/or clients.
* Manage and track project progress including monitoring timelines, raw materials, equipment availability and yields to ensure project success.
* Calculate required amounts of raw materials and establish production schedule to meet proposed timeline.
* Act as technical contact for projects that transfer across departments.
* Remain technically competent and keep current in new developments within the chemistry/chemical industry.
We require a PhD degree in Organic Chemistry or related field. We will also consider a Master's degree in Organic Chemistry or related field with 3 or more years' experience, and a Bachelor's degree in Organic Chemistry or related field, with a minimum of 10 years' experience.
We invite all qualified applicants to apply. We offer competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunity for advancement.
Alcami is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.