Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Nanoparticle Research, Delivery Innovation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONScientist/Sr. Scientist, Nanoparticle Research, Delivery Innovation
This Scientist/Senior Scientist, Nanoparticle Research, Delivery Innovation will be a key member of the Delivery Innovation team focused on advancing Moderna s mRNA delivery portfolio. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving scientific innovation and discovery in the lab within a dynamic mRNA delivery group. The successful candidate will excel in an interdisciplinary environment focused on improving delivery of mRNA therapeutics. A strong understanding of nanoparticle preparation techniques, polymer backbones and chemical properties, and biophysical/chemical materials characterization is required. Experience with pulmonary delivery of RNA/DNA is strongly preferred. He/she will be responsible for designing experiments and working with a core team to execute upon them. The successful candidate will work well within a larger team of chemists, engineers, and formulation scientists in the Delivery Innovation team. The successful candidate must have a foundation in chemical, biological, or biochemical sciences or engineering with experience in the drug delivery field.
* Advance Moderna s delivery technology through novel particle formation techniques, particle compositions, and process approaches to overcome mRNA therapeutic delivery challenges
* Contribute to the preparation, purification, and functionalization of novel nanoparticles for delivery of therapeutic mRNA
* Develop biophysical and chemical characterization techniques for novel, mRNA containing, polymeric nanoparticles to assess mRNA encapsulation, mRNA stability, particle stability, and particle attributes such as size, surface properties, and composition.
* Optimization of mRNA polymeric nanoparticles for different routes of administration and therapeutics, with particular focus on pulmonary or tumor delivery
* Design/execute lab experiments, interpret data, report results and maintain a high quality lab notebook
* Contribute to scientific discussions to advance and enhance platform and product candidates
* Communicate research ideas and results and actively participate at group meetings and in broader project teams
* Work collaboratively and enthusiastically to help build the Delivery Innovation team to advance the mRNA delivery platform
* Ph.D. with 0-3 years of industry experience in drug delivery, nanoparticle preparation/characterization, or nucleic acid delivery. 3-5 years for Senior Scientist
* Flexible, motivated team player with demonstrated scientific creativity and ability to lead by example
* Strong foundation in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, chemical engineering or related field
* Expertise in nanoparticle synthesis approaches and concepts, nanoparticle characterization techniques and instrumentation, as well as the biological considerations governing nanoparticle delivery.
* Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
* Knowledge of nanoparticle based nucleic acid delivery strategies is a plus
* Experience with scale up and technology transfer and downstream process implications for various nanoparticle and delivery strategies
* Self-motivation and commitment to excellence and innovation
* Ability to lead by example and mentor junior group members
* Flexibility/adaptability to frequent change in a dynamic, exciting research environment
* Data-driven, results-oriented, creative
* Effective verbal and written communication
* Strong critical thinking, experimental design and data interpretation skills