Scientist - Upstream Process Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Within the Biodevelopment Process Development group, works in the upstream team for process development or process validation projects (monoclonal antibodies or fusion-proteins) production using mammalian cells, support the implementation, coordination, development &, troubleshooting for the mammalian cell processes. Transfer & troubleshooting for mammalian production processes (media buffer preparation, cell culture & purification) until complete issues solving.
* Execute upstream activities on client projects according to budget and timelines given to the project team
* Design and execute fit-for-purpose cell culture experiments according to the stage of development
* Compile and analyze experimental data to generate process knowledge and decide on next steps
* Write development and validation reports and ensure their timely delivery
* Prepare and present project updates to global project team and to upper management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Engineering/Master degree in biotechnology with 5+ years in the biopharmaceutical industry
* Hands-on experience in process development and manufacturing of monoclonal antibodies. Knowledge of quality attributes of glyco-proteins a must.
* Hands-on experience in process validation is a plus
* Quality mindset and good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Results-oriented with ability to work and deliver under pressure
* Excellent English (written, oral)
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.