Scrum Master / Agile Coach
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Project Manager / Scrum Master
Job Location: Washington DC
Clearance Requirement: NACI
Education: BS or BA (from an accredited institution) and 10 years of IT experience, including at least 3 years of experience serving in Scrum Master role. Must have Scrum Master Certification.
Expected Travel: minimal
Telecommute: allow 2-3 days a week
Seeking a diverse, multi-talented, and certified Scrum Master to be a key member of an Agile development project at a civilian agency client. The objective of the project is to test key functionality of the Appian Tempo platform and its ability to meet the needs of the civilian agency.
* Act as Servant Leader to an Agile team removing impediments and ensuring team productivity.
* Manage risks and issues
* Leverage team resources to improve capacity for project work
* Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
* Organize and facilitate scrum ceremonies, ensuring usefulness and adherence to scrum practice.
* Lead Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Product and Sprint Backlog Grooming, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews, and Retrospective Meetings ensuring the commitments made are appropriate and uphold scrum principles.
* Cultivate and environment of trust, good faith, empowerment and creativity.
* Lead by example, demonstrating and upholding scrum principles. Coach team members to uphold Scrum principles and Agile values.
* Work with the Product Owner to understand the business priorities and items to be
groomed in upcoming sprints.
* Track team velocity to ensure accuracy of future planning.
* Provide, at a minimum, weekly written status reports to the project team which include the
percentage of completion for each Story, the pass rate for the Story Tests, key project delivery milestone status, and estimated completion date for each milestone, as well as other information relevant for the delivery build.
* Work with technical team to ensure alignment of priorities and that dependencies are delivered in the appropriate sprints to support other teams' delivery commitments.
* Ensure team is delivering stories such that they meet the definition of done.
* Provide input to and participate in Release Planning, acting as a SME to Product Owner
about velocity and point allocation.
* Ensure Product Owner is informed if changes occur that impact delivery to the business.
* Lead team retrospectives and ensure key learning is incorporated into next sprint.
* Produce pre- and post-sprint plans and otherwise act as an information radiator.
* Identify and protect the team from outside interference, removing impediments, and
ensuring that the work is delivered as a team.
* Track team delivery on commitments through the use of burndown charts and other visual
* Actively participate in activities related to Agile adoption across the organization.
* Drive weekly backlog grooming sessions with the team, ensuring work items are estimated
and 'ready-for-work' per the Product Owners priorities.
* Empower teams to self-organize.
* Respectfully hold the Team, Product Owner and Stakeholders accountable for their commitments
* Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and providing information.
* Maintain the focus of the team.
QUALIFICATIONS - MINIMUM
The candidate must have experience in the following:
* Industry recognized Scrum Master Certification (CSP, PSM II, etc.)
* At least 3 years experience serving in the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory, preferably in the Federal sector
* Experience managing multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts, e.g. different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.
* Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
* Experience with successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
* At least 5 years experience in project management/coordination
* Have excellent Project Management skills in planning and monitoring project initiation through completion
* Have excellent requirements gathering, assessing, and prioritizing skills
* Be able to blend creativity, problem-solving, and technical knowledge for refining existing project tasks or developing new task approaches to seize opportunities to sustain projectsuccess
* Have strong teamwork and interpersonal skills in setting while managing client expectations
* Have excellent organization and communication skills (verbal and written)
* Possess good consulting skills with mid and senior level government clients
* At least 5 years experience in Requirements gathering and analysis
* Good relationship building and interpersonal skills are essential, as this candidate will be interfacing with a number of different internal as well as external staff
* Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, etc.
* Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for fillin in the intentional gaps left in the scrum approach
* Strong background in workflow driven application development projects.
* Must be able to taking ownership of the plan and tasks, be able to multi-task, and work independently
* Experience working with client vision, business objectives, and critical success factors
* Experience working with quality and delivery assurance principles and appropriate procedures relevant to area
* Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture, development, integration, and deployment of project phases