Scrum Master, IT (BI / Data Warehouse)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New Albany, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION TITLE: SCRUM MASTER, IT (BI/ DATA WAREHOUSE)
Location: New Albany, OH
* Delivery of solutions to established and/or modified business area/management expectations; in terms of functionality/scope, quality, timeframe and financial constraints
* Defines job duties, maintains current position descriptions, hires staff (both full time and contract), conducts performance appraisals, and initiates disciplinary action. Regularly reviews the skill sets of the staff vs. assigned projects and provides development plans
* Responsible for effectively managing assigned projects. Project management duties include recommending agile team structure, staffing the project team, developing and maintaining the agile toolset and processes, managing day-to-day work, tracking progress of all tasks, maintaining project accounting and financial results, resolving issues and delivering regular status reports
* When outside vendors are part of the project, acts as manager and liaison with the vendor in issues of scope of work, team composition and vendor execution.
* Keeps very close eye on customer and management expectations, and shapes the priority backlog accordingly. Immediately raises professional concerns in this area to IT management and seeks assistance in expectation alignment process.
* Works hand-in-hand with related Application Services Managers/Directors to staff, architect, develop, test/certify and install solutions into the production environment. Maintains constant communications with applications managers and directors to ensure an efficient use of resources, risk mitigation and team stability. Assumes that application managers/directors are the "customer" for the purposes of "production ready" code
* BS/BA in Computer Science, Business Administration, IT or related field
* Minimum of 5 years of applied information technology related experience
* 5 to 7 years of department management, project management, or scrum master experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Must have solid understanding of project financials along with exposure to and experience with business processes, business analysis, and general business acumen
Experience with developing and maintaining agile processes, including burn-down charts and backlogs, managing day-to-day work, tracking progress of all tasks, maintaining project accounting and financial results, resolving issues and delivering regular status reports