Scrum Master, Subject Matter Specialist 8/9/2016
SDLC Partners, L.P.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PURPOSE
As part of our highly capable delivery team you will identify/assess organizational and team level agility using Scrum best practice frameworks and reference models, work with leadership and Scrum teams to develop improvement roadmaps and coaching plans that drive cross-functional organizational change necessary for our clients to achieve organizational objectives. As an expert in application of Scrum standards, you will actively work with all areas of the client's organization to help transform teams and individuals to become self-organized and self-sustaining and will foster Scrum adoption throughout an organization through workshops, training, and one-on-one meetings.
- Assesses current Scrum practices at team and enterprise levels and develops appropriate improvement plans
- Encourages and promotes adherence to Scrum standards as well as organizational change
- Actively guides Scrum teams and enables measurement of organizational and team agility
- Collaborates with other organizational leaders to plan and implement best practices
- Assists and supports Scrum teams in resolving conflicts through training, education, and influence
- Maintains knowledge and experience with IT tooling and automation solutions that drive agility
- Partner with client to develop a trusted advisor relationship
- Partner with client sponsor to develop project plans, manage project schedules, scope, risk, issues, and budget
- Actively involved in talent management
- Sets and re-evaluates project priorities frequently
- Leverage project management best practices and domain knowledge
- Cultivates and relies on extensive informal networks inside and outside to resolve problems
- Lead technical as well as business teams within the SDLC process
- Adheres to predictable communication schedules
- Demonstrates strong skills in analysis, problem solving, communication, documentation, and critical thinking
- Creates an environment of achievement and action
- Demonstrates strong business analysis skills (requirements gathering/documentation/specification or use case creation)
- Demonstrates strong business process skills (process mapping/workflow diagramming) or implementation
Education & Work Experience:
-Undergraduatedegree in the field of Information Sciences and 8+ years of relevant work experience OR graduate degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience. Graduate degreepreferred.
-Experience assessing team and enterprise-wide application of Scrum practices, tooling and measurement using best practices frameworks
-Experience guiding teams and organizational leaders in Scrum imperatives
-Experience developing and executing training and facilitation of Scrum concepts and practical application of Scrum principles
-Experience developing organizational change plans and communication materials
- 5+ years of experience in leading, managing large complex projects within a software development and/or transformation environment
- Exposure to methodologies such as RUP, CMMI, and other iterative as well as Agile methodologies is helpful
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
-Healthcare payor/provider experience
- Ability to work in a high pace growth environment
- Driven for results and high achievement while maintaining a positive, can do attitude.
- Strong self-starter and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- One or more certifications are required (CSD, CSM, CPO, CSP, CSC, CST, SPC, SPCT, SPMPO)
- Additional certifications are preferred (PMI, IIBA, Six Sigma, ITIL, etc.)
- Ability to drive change at different organizational levels is essential to success in this position.
-Experience working in the IT consulting services industry is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Strong skills in analysis, problem solving, communication, documentation and critical thinking
- Strong communication and leadership skills, self-motivated, well organized and have strong innovation and facilitation skills.