Scrum Master 9/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ROLE: SCRUM MASTER (SM)
LOCATION: WILLMINGTON ,DE
* Mentors the empowered, self-organizing, and self-accountable teams that are responsible for delivery of successful outcomes at each sprint.
* Facilitates the teams progress toward the PSI and team objectives
* Protects the team from external distractions
* Leads the team's efforts in continuous improvement which includes; helping the team to improve, take responsibility for their actions and become problem solvers for themselves.
* Records suggested improvements and tracks progress towards achieving these goals
* Enforces the rules of the SAFe Agile and Development Team Scrum process
* Helps eliminate obstacles to the adoption of enterprise Technical Practices - adhering to SAFe's - Six Agile Software Engineering Practices for Achieving High Quality Code - agile architecture, continuous integration, test-first, refactoring, pair work and collective ownership
* Leads the team to stay focused on Business and Sprint Goals
* Identifies and tracks cross-team dependencies
* Eliminates impediments by actively addressing issues with other scrum teams so that the team can stay focused on achieving the objectives of the iteration.
* Coordinates with other Scrum Masters, the Systems Team and shared resources in the Agile Release Train (ART) Release Planning meetings.
* Facilitates preparation and readiness for Sprint and PSI Planning meetings
* Works with other Scrum Masters, the Systems Team and shared resources throughout each Sprint and PSI
* Uses normalized estimating to help the program estimate larger features and EPICs
* Assists the Product Owner in preparing for various planning,backlog refinement meetings and other requested activities
* Keeps track of the backlog to assist the Product Owner in aligning User Stories with Features / Business Objectives
* Documents decisions as needed
* Coordinates teams operating under architectural and portfolio governance, system level integration and System Demos
* Participates in the Scrum of Scrums and coordinates with other Scrum Masters as necessary
* Escalates impediments and risks to the RTE that cannot be resolved at the team level
* Facilitates team collaboration with System Architect to ensure high quality technical delivery
* Facilitates team collaboration with QA Manager to drive testing strategies, testing automation and overall quality process improvement
* Supports RET and Scrum Master in Train/Team retrospectives and continuous improvement activities.
* Support User Acceptance Testing Process
* Works with Product Management and Product Ownerto help assure strategy and execution alignment
* Encourages Communities of Practice around SAFeby participating in the Scrum Master Community of Practice forums
* Acts as a mindset change agent from traditional team manager to servant leader
This position reports to the Development Delivery Manager of the Agile Release Train
* Displays Servant Leadership skills
* Working knowledge of Scrum, XP, and SAFe(CSM preferred)
* Ability to motivate a team
* Proven decision-making, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
* Detail oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks to ensure timely delivery of the Sprints/PSI's.
* Strong Process orientation
* Strong conceptual grasp of technology with successful history of delivery technical projects.
* Strong understanding of SAFe or iterative development processes, quality and testing best practices.
* Extensive experience in large-scale projects requiring the integration of 3rd party software within common technical infrastructure, as well as managing 3rd party software development.
* Must have experience with object-oriented development methodology for J2EE/UNIX/Oracle environment, including design, testing and performance engineering.
* Demonstrated solid leadership and collaboration skills.
* Proven track record of team management.
* Strong Verbal and Oral Communication skills.
* Conflict resolution and negotiating skills.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Demonstrable project management experience.
* Strong problem solver and proven ability to think creatively and seek optimum solutions.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent relevant experience.
* History of successful project completion and team building;
* Good presentation, communication, and negotiation skills
* Experience interfacing with management
* Desire to work collaboratively with the all Agile teamsand their stakeholders
* Possess a high level of technical savvy.
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including understanding of technical writing requirements
* Comfort in delegating tasks, inter-relating with teams and hitting deadlines