Sea Export Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Jersey City, NJ
Performs a variety of duties as outlined in attached Operation Procedure in support of the organization's export activities. Calculates rates and price conversions. Converts and verifies shipment weight and volume. Uses rate charts to convert foreign currency to U.S. Dollars and vice-versa. Communicates by e-mail, telephone and fax with foreign operations and local customers. Arranges transportation by truck, rail and vessel and ensures timely delivery of shipments and prompt and accurate documentation and invoicing. Is willing and flexible to learn and work with K+N's I.T. operations systems and applications, Internet.
* Operational duties to include coordination with shippers, truckers, steamship lines and K+N offices for the export of shipments.
* Complete process of shipment includes arranging for pick-up or inland transportation, booking, document preparation (bill of lading, K+N invoicing, certificate of origin, export declaration and/or AES, if applicable) forwarding, follow-up with tracking and tracing to final destination and data quality requirement.
* Customer Service responsibilities include maintaining communication with vendor, shipper, customer, carrier and K+N overseas offices throughout the process and choosing proper routing appropriate to the customer's needs.
* Negotiate cost-effective rates with service providers to ensure maximum profitability.
* Maintain SOP (standard operating procedures) and customer profiles including key contacts, special requirements, contract rates and preferred routings/services/carriers.
* Participate in quotes for overseas offices as requested.
* Review information published on K+N's Intranet system daily.
* Immediately report problems, operation disputes or discrepancies to supervisor, manager, divisional manager or branch manager.
* Read and work in accordance with Quality Management Work Instructions and QHSE procedures (ISO9001).
* Employees may also have additional responsibilities in accordance with supporting a specific department(s)/division(s) and/or be tasked with specific, individualized assignments.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING SKILLS
* Resolve issues respective to meeting client requirements, data input - general customer service inquiries related to tracking & tracing.
* Resolve billing discrepancies and discrepancies against client SOP's.
* College a plus or equivalent experience
* Usually requires a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in freight forwarding.
* Ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years current work experience in ocean freight forwarding.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Good working knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities, seaport.
* Basic knowledge of U.S. Administration Regulations (FAA, FMC, EAR, Hazmat) and other government agency requirements.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills; and PC skills.
* Employee requires completion of IMO Security training classes.
* Ability to work overtime when needed
* Travel during the first week of employment to KN Chicago office to attend Seafreight training is required
Kuehne + Nagel is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected veteran status or disability with respect to employment opportunities.