Sealing Application Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
* Represent to customer engineering; correctly determine customer engineering and test requirements; communicate customer requirements to internal team; lead global engineering team to ensure customer requirements are met
* With global product engineering, guide the design and development of automotive seal strip product and optimization of the product design
* Work with OEM at the systems level on the synchronous design of sealing strip
* Participate in closure system analysis and verification
* Develop and improve product drawings, guide the DFMEA process, and provide technical guidance on test verification; support development of Design Validation Plan
* Review designs and modifications with customers, product engineering, plants, et al.
* Communicate with customer to resolve technical problems
* Support Sales & Program Manager on customer's program management deliverables
* Communicate with internal counterparts in other regions (Asia, Europe, etc.)
* Coordinate with manufacturing engineering to optimize manufacturability of product
* Improve and provide technical support of products in mass production
* Collaborate with Quality team on root cause analysis, corrective action investigation, and other activities to support customer builds
* Report to Engineering Manager - Sealing Applications
* Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
* Understanding of rubber sealing & weatherstrip technology
* Desire to be involved in design and development, as well as customer interface
* 3-5 years' recent experience in rubber sealing and/or glass encapsulation, preferably for a Tier 1 sealing supplier working directly with target OEMs
Experience with NX v.7 or above and/or CATIA v.5 or ab